Vacation Mode

tallguy

Original poster
Apr 6, 2004
Can I put Voom on vacation mode where I do not have to pay anything (other than the $9.50 rental)?

Also, do you know if I can get locals in such a mode?

Thanks.

tallguy said:
Can I put Voom on vacation mode where I do not have to pay anything (other than the $9.50 rental)?

Also, do you know if I can get locals in such a mode?

Thanks.

Best advice is to give them a call and find out what they say. I heard one person was able to do it but I do not know the details.

On second thought, do give VOOM a call.
If they allow it, there's a very good chance the billing would be changed and your stb would still be fully activated w/o any lapse in service. I don't think those two groups work very well together. You just might end up with a really good monthly rate from here on out.

from my experience, there's a better chance they'll deactivate the box and still charge you LOL.

that is an interesting issue i am thinking of getting a used voom box people say is a no no the real problem lies in can you REACTIVATE your unit once its deactivated and do they charge anything can you change name/addresses/phone#'s/visa cards without voom saying no (for those who are buying used voom boxes).

I tried it about a month ago and was told they are working on it but their system is not yet capable of handling it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)