Van Housing HDDVD does not sinc well

swade

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
The voices do not match up with the picture on my new HDDVD of Van Housing.

I heard others with this problem on rentals but I though that stopped with firmware 1.4. I have this but the problem is there.

Did anyone get results retuning it the store (Best Buy)?

By the way Best Buy lowered all the HDDVDs last week. This was $29 and went to $23. I had an expiring Best buy coupon for $10 off and got the defective DVD for only $13. What a bargan?

I have found that Blockbuster is improving ther service for HDDVD rentals. :rolleyes:

Wade

i just watched this movie the sound was fine it was from netflix i just got my player today the first movie i watched was van housing.

swade said:
The voices do not match up with the picture on my new HDDVD of Van Housing.

I heard others with this problem on rentals but I though that stopped with firmware 1.4. I have this but the problem is there.

Did anyone get results retuning it the store (Best Buy)?
Wade

I rented Van Helsing through Netflix as I didn't expect to like it - I'm not a big fan of the vampire/werewolf genre. But, I enjoyed it so much I bought a copy - the movie is very entertaining and great audio/video quality.

I assume you've played other HD DVD's on your player without any audio sync issues? Was the audio sync problem throughout the whole movie, or did it start at some point? If the whole movie was out of sync, I'd return it & exchange if for a new disc. If it started at one point in the movie, did you try Pause for a few seconds, then play again?

Van housing

CochiseGuy said:
I rented Van Helsing through Netflix as I didn't expect to like it - I'm not a big fan of the vampire/werewolf genre. But, I enjoyed it so much I bought a copy - the movie is very entertaining and great audio/video quality.

I assume you've played other HD DVD's on your player without any audio sync issues? Was the audio sync problem throughout the whole movie, or did it start at some point? If the whole movie was out of sync, I'd return it & exchange if for a new disc. If it started at one point in the movie, did you try Pause for a few seconds, then play again?

I rented this from Netflix a month ago and it worked fine too. I palyed about 6 movies with out a problem before this.

The sync problem came in several chapters in. It started out fine but later went bad.

I'll try the pause suggestion. :eureka
Thanks

Wade

Might be a scratched disc. This happened to me only once since the update. As mentioned above, just press pause for a few seconds and the sound synchronization will be restored.

I had it happen after playing the movie for probably the 4th time. I rebooted the machine as it stays on all the time. As with anything Bill Gates is involved with (windows etc) I thought it just got confused after awhile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)