VE R15 scheduled to ship on 11/8/05

Status
Please reply by conversation.
According to UPS I get my R15 Thursday!

I only have one lead to the 2nd room run but I'll deal with that on the week-end I guess.

how do you get urs thursday? I live 5 hours from indiana and it still won't be here til friday.

Come on UPS! Last time I checked, Ohio was neighbors with Indiana. I could drive myself and get it tomorrow. But, no..... tracking is showing friday. By the weekend though is fine by me.

Thanks Robert and VE!!

that's what i don't understand. There are places you could drive to get your package and ups is taking it's grand ol time getting it to you. I had a package stuck in new stanton,pa. I called and offered to go pick it up and they told me i couldn't unless the company that sent it would let me pick it up. The same package made it to the local distribution center finally and i figured it would go out for delivery and i would get it finally. Well wrong, I called asking what the problem was and they told me "the roads in the valley are flooded from friday and we can't risk our carriers and deliver." Problem is
1: most of the major roads had reopened.
2: fedex,usps,and dhl were delivering
3: I don't live in a valley

Once again I offered to go get the package and was told that i couldn't get the package at the location and it was already on the truck waiting to go out the next day.
Oh well, sorry about my UPS rant. I will get off my soapbox now!!!!!

CRAP! Looks like not 'till Monday for me :(. I was REALLY hoping to get it by the weekend for the install. I'm in northern California and it was supposed to ship from Southern California but it spent all afternoon and night bouncing around Arizona. :no WTF!

Kingsfan, I'm in the same boat as you. Mine was supposed to ship from SoCal as well, and I live in LA, so it was supposed to get here tomorrow. But instead it got shipped out of Arizona so I won't get it until Friday. I would have preferred to get it tomorrow since DirecTV is installing at my new place on Friday, but I guess I'll just have them run the cables and tell them my box is on its way if it UPS doesn't deliver it before they arrive.

I still appreciate VE for getting my order shipped out so quickly though!

I live in Michigan and the tracking number that was sent to me shows my unit coming from Indiana and should be arriving here on Friday.

Thanks Robert. :)

I live in Iowa, and mine is scheduled for delivery Friday. I know when I received my Tivo from DirecTV I actually had to sign for the package, which caused me to have to wait an extra day. However, it sounds like at least one person has received theirs (presumably with no 'John Hancock' required), so I'm not going to sweat it. Robert, thanks for your hard work, thanks for being the first place (that I'm aware of) to offer the R15, and thanks for FREE SHIPPING! :)

I'm surprised and disappointed that I won't be receiving mine until Monday(!). I base this on everything Robert had posted here, including DirecTV shipping Monday, Robert receiving his allocation Tuesday and shipping ALL ORDERS the same day, and the fact that I live in CT and have had every other order from him delivered by UPS Ground the next day. On Monday evening I fully expected to receive my R15 on Wednesday, or Thursday at the latest. Had Robert mentioned, just once, anywhere, that the units would be shipping from a location other than his store, and that they weren't REALLY shipping Tuesday, I certainly would have sprung the extra few dollars for expedited shipping. Oh well.

As an Ebay powerseller I can sympthasize with everyones UPS frustrations..

I quit using them years ago..

They cost the most and take the longest.. Always and without fail..

Yea, there's a BIG difference between Friday and Monday. It meens a whole week (at least) for me as I need to mount and point the dish and it's dark by the time I get home during the week. Plus, the weather is a factor. It's supposed to be be nice this weekend but who knows about next weekend (or the next 10 weekends for that matter). I even offered to pay for faster shipping but was told it wouldn't be nessesary. OH well, nothing I can do now but wait.
ad301 said:
I'm surprised and disappointed that I won't be receiving mine until Monday(!). I base this on everything Robert had posted here, including DirecTV shipping Monday, Robert receiving his allocation Tuesday and shipping ALL ORDERS the same day, and the fact that I live in CT and have had every other order from him delivered by UPS Ground the next day. On Monday evening I fully expected to receive my R15 on Wednesday, or Thursday at the latest. Had Robert mentioned, just once, anywhere, that the units would be shipping from a location other than his store, and that they weren't REALLY shipping Tuesday, I certainly would have sprung the extra few dollars for expedited shipping. Oh well.

anyone else's tracking not updating today? I figured mine would be in cincinatti or columbus by now but it still says it had an origin scan last night at 515 pm. Guess that means I probably won't get mine until monday either since it hasn't even been shipped yet.

Mine arrived in Columbus at 2:26 this afternoon. It got picked up in Evansville, then on to Indianapolis where it sat for 12:00 hours last night.

Still showing in transit "ontime" for delivery on the 11th.

Cheers

I understand DirecTV charges 5.99 for DVR service now. I currently have a TIVO and I'm paying 4.99 a month. If I upgrade to this new receiver will I have to pay that extra dollar a month?

wishfull1 said:
Mine arrived in Columbus at 2:26 this afternoon. It got picked up in Evansville, then on to Indianapolis where it sat for 12:00 hours last night.

Still showing in transit "ontime" for delivery on the 11th.

Cheers

Mine isn't shown leaving evansville yet. Kinda has me wondering if it is going to make it tomorrow or not.

Got my R15 up & going about 5:30 today.
Thanks VE!

It took about 2 hours. I unpacked everything & started to get it going. It gave me an error, no 2nd tuner. (I have to run the 2nd line this week-end). Then it shut off & rebooted & inmstalled new software already. Then I had to get it activated. I live in an area that still has local providers & mine is terrible!!!!! (Anyone know how I can change that???!!!) Anyway I finally got it up. All channels OK. The channel banners look better too than the D10 FYI. I go to pause TV & it gives me a contact Direct to start DVR service? What? I've had Tivo for months.
I call my local provider they have no idea what an R15 is. I'm not kidding. They say Tivo, you have that. I say yes I do, plus now I have this. It's YOUR DVR! She couldn't figure it out. They close early. She says can you call tommorrow? WTF! I pay the same as every other Direct customer why do I not have the benefit of 24 hour service!!!
So then I call Direct. He says he can't help me really because of my local provider, but he says maybe the R15 is bad, I should return it.
So I call VE. Very nice & helpful. They suggested I call Direct & hope for a better tech guy basically. So this time I get one. At first he can't fingure it out, then he says it's not Tivo software so it will not work with Tivo service fees. You need to pay a Direct DVR fee for it. YOU MUST BE KIDDING, I say. So he says let me check. I'm thinking well I'll just get an R10 then.... He says lets try this.... Anyway whatever he did got me up & running OK. THANK YOU tech guy! Plus he said my bill still shows only $4.99.
The screen icons are colored & more attractive. That's a big plus to me. The D10 was sooooo Dish Network in that respect. The DVR makes a "Bong" sound when you catch up to live TV ala TiVo, but no other sounds. The TiVo is very quick when you jump ahead or back, the R15 is not as fast. Not bad but sometimes when you say jump back 10 seconds it pauses a split second then plays. The bar graph on the bottom is alot like Tivo but more see through. It also contains a mini guide on the bottom of the screen like Dish Network has. You push the blue button to start it.
The stop button is nice. When you hit stop while recording it prompts you
1. keep recording
2 stop but save
3. stop & delete
This feature I like.
Caller id is a big plus too.
I also like how it will show other showings of that show if you hit info, this allows you to not type it in to look it up.
Something I DO NOT like. About 5 minutes before it needs to change channels to record a show it says it needs to change the channel at say 7pm. I say OK, it will then change it then at 6:55pm !!!!! This is not good. What about what I'm watching! That certainly needs to be addressed.
I haven't had much time to play. I'll post more later

ps> The Damn neon blue light has my bedroom all light up! I feel like I'm at the gentlemans club.

UPDATE:

My unit had arrived on Friday as expected. VE even had included a paid UPS return label to return the unit within 30 days if I'm not completely satisfied.

Nice touch Robert. :cool:

I haven't had a chance to hook it up yet, but I will soon and I'm looking forward to checking out what this unit can do.

Got mine today...Thanks Robert! After calling to activate, I noticed I couldn't use DVR service. (I got a message saying DVR wasn't active on my account.) After going through 3 different CSR's, I got someone who figgured out that "DVR Service Tivo" and DVR Service R15"are 2 different things and have to be activated separately.

However, I just checked my account online and found DVR service listed twice for my account...once with no cost and once for $5.99. (I have TC Premier...so I would think that they shouldn't be charging me for either type of DVR...)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts