Versus Removed Sept 1 from DirecTV

Do you think they will get a deal done?

• Yes they Will before 9/1

Votes: 22 10.0%
  • Yes they will, but after 9/1 but before 9/12

Votes: 37 16.7%
  • yes they will, but after 9/12 but in time for nhl season.

Votes: 94 42.5%
  • no they won't

Votes: 68 30.8%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Coming from the guy with the upside down Directv Avatar.:p:p. Seems to be a lot of them around .;)
Uncrules you know me, and I'll bash anyone who I feel is in the wrong.
And I'm not so sure VS is in the wrong.
D* spent so much money on all the sports programming, that now theres not much room left for the rest. What next? Raise rates. So now how much more will D* charge their customers come March with no channel addtions? NFL- ST in 2010, $400?? $500?? In HD.

VS is VERY Minor compared to the NFL and even the RSN 's, D* should not be held hostage for a network that has such a small audience.

VS needs D* much more than the other way around.

I was a D* customer for over 7 Total years. I wouldn't expect Comcast to be Friendly with D* or E*. But D* didn't seem to care about ANYONE , But themselves when they paid the NFL a Huge amount of money for Exclusive rights.
Who knows, Maybe if D* passed on Exclusive rights with NFL , You would have much more National HD, Much more Locals, More Premiums added to the already over priced movie packs and most important of all , a lower bill.

Better brush up on that D* and ST contract ....
EVERYONE was invited originally and NO ONE else was interested.
D* picked it up and the program flourished .... they have the EXCLUSIVE contract because NO ONE wanted the product, I don't blame D* at all for the Exclusivity of the contract and they appearently have the rights to keep it that way far as long as they seem fit, or till the NFL pulls the plug.

Only thing I ever watch on Versus is a handful of Mountain West Conference football games. I can certainly live without them. Last time I tuned in that channel must have been 9-10 months ago. Off the top of my head, I can't even remember the channel number.

I hope D* holds their feet to the fire on this one.

Only thing I ever watch on Versus is a handful of Mountain West Conference football games. I can certainly live without them. Last time I tuned in that channel must have been 9-10 months ago. Off the top of my head, I can't even remember the channel number.

I hope D* holds their feet to the fire on this one.

While watching all us NHL fans burn :(

Who knows, Maybe if D* passed on Exclusive rights with NFL , You would have much more National HD, Much more Locals, More Premiums added to the already over priced movie packs and most important of all , a lower bill.

Who knows, maybe if D* passed on exclusive rights with NFL, they would not have as many subscribers as they presently have. To some of us, more specially, myself , sports is the determining factor in picking a provider. Once again, I say go back in your E* hole and hide.

I do hope D* drops them. The fact is E* does have more programming disputes and it has kept prices lower for everybody. It is a fact that after E*'s lifetime dispute that D* went back for a better price because they were paying more than E*. It is high time that D* starting doing their share to fight these type of extortionist.

like i said before directv and comcast have been butting heads since the dawn of time. Mainly over directv's exclusive sunday ticket and comcast holding out on csn philly. I expect some sort of agreement to be reached soon and the two parties will probably settle their past differences as well hopefully. Maybe even announce some sort of affiliation agreement where after 2014 directv and comcast will bid to both air sunday ticket and split the bill.

The nights that they are on VS aern't they also on your RSN ?

Nope, and that's the reason that we're seeing the NHL posts here. I'm one of the NHL fans that will miss Vs. They have another one of those "exclusivity" things like ESPN's Sun night bb. No one else can televise those Tue night games. At least, that's what happend last season in Dallas when the Stars were on Vs on Tue nights. I remember reading columns in the Dallas Morning News from viewers that don't follow the sports brpadcast industry like most of us here. There was a lot of uproar and confusion those nights when everyone asked "Where's the Stars game on our cable, satt, FIOS?

If they lose the channel, what do you think DTV will put up in its place

You D* guys must have really never been thought this. If D* does want to keeps VS what they will put up will be a video of why the channel was lost and who you can contact at Versus to complain. They might even name out a few advertisers that spent alot with Versus and tell ya'll to let them know about it too. This deal is not going to light TravelHD or WGNHD or anything else like that for ya'll. When the channel goes dark is when the real talks begin.

For what it's worth, all my fishing shows come on VS and I would be crushed to see them go. If they don't want to broadcast to all the Directv customers then F em in the A. I hate it for all the hockey fans too. Shouldn't VS consider it an honor that Directv would even pick the channel up?

For what it's worth, all my fishing shows come on VS and I would be crushed to see them go. If they don't want to broadcast to all the Directv customers then F em in the A. I hate it for all the hockey fans too. Shouldn't VS consider it an honor that Directv would even pick the channel up?

If I remember correctly, when VS came on board, comcast held out on them and did not allow the HD feed for a long time as well.
It's not like comcast has played nicely and D* is just now getting screwwed, it's been happening since the station came on line...

How long is the VS / NHL contract ?
Could the NHL move to another channel on D* till it's resolved.

What has the NHL's response to all of this been ?

If they lose the channel, what do you think DTV will put up in its place

PPV or an RSN. Perhaps a channel dedicated to watching the waterboy during ST games.

I think it would be like uncrules mentioned, nothing, I think the channel and number would just be blacked out or removed with a message for awhile and then when it is resolved, it would take it's original place back.

Jimbo

So will Versus be carrying live web streams of all games this season? If so, DTV subscribers will have the option to stream from their PC.

So will Versus be carrying live web streams of all games this season? If so, DTV subscribers will have the option to stream from their PC.

I can hear Charlie now...."Why should *I* have to pay for something they're giving away for free?" :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)