Video Game Deals

As someone playing through The Witcher 3 right now I highly recommend taking advantage of this. It really is an amazing game and when you start exploring the open world it's pretty easy to see why it took them so long to make. I bought the expansion pass myself to upgrade to the GOTY edition.

I will say that I would probably skip Witcher 1 and 2 if you haven't played them before. I'm typically not one to do this. This is part of the reason I didn't play MGSV even though I thought it looked cool. I hadn't played any of the other games in the franchise.

I tried to play through the first 2 games before The Witcher 3 came out. Unfortunately I only got about 7 hours into the first game before giving up. The story was very good but the combat was clunky and difficult. There is no controller support and the third person sword fighting never felt good to me on a mouse. The game doesn't support modern features like Vsync. This wouldn't be a problem on my current monitor but on my old 60Hz monitor I got tons of tearing.

The problem that finally made me quit was a crashing issue though. I don't know if this was just happening because I was playing a game from 2008 on Windows 10 but the game crashed on me several times. One day when it crashed I lost about two hours of progress because the auto-save system is terrible. After I played through that two hours a second time it crashed again in the exact same spot and I lost my progress again. That was the last straw. Luckily The Witcher 3 does a pretty good job of making the story make sense for people who are new to the series like myself.

Yeah Witcher 3 is definitely on my list but its such a time sink that its hard to find a good chunk of time to dedicate to it. I've also been eyeing the Expansion pass as well since I've heard such great things about it, but I'm sticking with my 50% price range.

Have you ever said to yourself, "I wish I could play a game as a pregnant woman?" Well today is your lucky day because for 1 day only, CAYNE is free on GoG!

https://www.gog.com/game/cayne

This game looks so weird I may have to fast track and binge on it this weekend. It's already peaked my interest.

Big Sale from WinGameStore for Civilization games (5, BE, and 6)

http://www.wingamestore.com/showcase/Civilization-Weekend/

Also, Origin is having a sale on The Sims 4.

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/deals/the-sims-anniversarysale

Every time I see deals on Civilization Beyond Earth I end up disappointed that they are still charging more for the Rising Tide expansion than the actual game. I actually had a decent time with the single 16 hour playthrough I did of Beyond Earth but I probably won't touch it again until I have the expansion. Since they seem to be against offering the expansion at a decent price I'll probably just be sticking to Civ VI.

Hacknet is also a pretty good game. It's featured in this sale for $4.99.
*Looks at Steam Page*
*Looks at Game Description*
*"Based on Actual Unix Commands.."*

n3RGs0O.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Latest posts