VIP222K not rebooting

rturnmire

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
My girlfriend's 222K was working Friday at noon since she watched the noon news. When we got back after dinner Friday night and turned on the TV, the red DISH boot screen was showing but it never completed booting. I tried a soft reboot using the red reset button but didn't get anywhere. I finally unplugged the receiver and plugged it back in so that it would do a hard reset. It finally booted up and we were able to watch the TV for maybe an hour when it suddenly locked up. We went through the soft/hard reboot process again and we were able to watch for a while longer before it locked up again. Since it was late, I did the hard reset and watched the boot process up to where it started downloading the guide info before I left. She turned the TV on Saturday afternoon to try to watch a football game but the receiver wouldn't work. When I got there, I did the soft/hard reset process without any luck. I unplugged the receiver for about 3 hours and then tried again. I finally got a Boot Recovery screen which completed and started the normal boot process. The red Dish boot screen came on but it never did anything else. We waited about 30 minutes and did the reset process again but it just did the same thing. Any suggestions?

Help aiming

can I access the dvr on a 510 receiver, long unused?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)