VIP622 TO HOPPER

flody1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 26, 2005
Il. USA
HI, will Hopper do what my 622 does for me? I have one HDMI HD TV and a Sharp !2000U projector that needs component out both in same room. Also will Hopper put my OTA channels in the Guide and record them. Will DirectTv Genie do this Stuff??? Thanks

With the Hopper, you need an OTA toggle added to get your OTA and yes, they will show in your guide and will record like the 622 does. The Hopper also has both HDMI and Component outputs, if you get a Joey, they only have HDMI. I have no idea about the Genie.

Hopper will output both component and HDMI at the same time, and will also put OTA on the guide with the OTA dongle.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Thanks guys, I asked some of these same question on DirectTV chat and was asked what OTA meant. Now getting a hopper w/o another 2 year contract. Maybe someone knows about the Genie, if I must get a contract might as well get all the perks of a new customer with DirectTV..

With the current software the add on OTA tuner for the Genie it will only tune and record OTA channels that are in the Direct TV database and program guide. It will not scan in other OTA channels. With the OTA tuner for the Hopper it will scan in and record all receivable local channels just like the 622.

You should check with DIRT to see exactly what deal DISH will give your account. Most likely a two year contract will be needed unless like posted you buy the equipment and pay for the install. It sounds to me you are not against a two year contract, but you want the new customer discounts. My advice in that case, if you need to pay less for a year or two go with DIRECT and then decide to switch again or not and just pay more with them. If that short term savings isn't a big deal, stay with DISH if you like what they have. You will most likely get everything for free and then be in a two year contract, which you would be with DIRECT anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts