Volume Two, Show One

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Scott and Bob kick of Season Two with a big bang over the latest news of AMC 14. Continuing on the Eastern Arch conquest, Scott reveals some new HD local Launch dates as well as a huge announcement regarding other slots within Eastern Arch scope. We finally wrap things up with the some talk about Tivo and E*. As always, keep it tuned to satelliteguys.us for the latest breaking news and Vote for us at Podcast Alley!
Dialup users Click here (Real Audio)

Attachments

• 042708satguys.mp3
    13.4 MB · Views: 2,505
Great show guys!!

Looks like Eastern Arc is full steam ahead.

This could be an interesting week for Dish.:)

Nice job gentleman. Still running on multiple gears! Scott's audio sounded a little scratchy at the 1-2min mark. Other than that, it sounded good.

You guys have been WAY ahead of the curve on all the Eastern Arc stuff, nice job.

This is definitely a, "put up or unplug" week for Dish Network.

We'll just wait and see...we half to.

Switching Gears
A Satelliteguys.us Podcast

Nice podcast. I listened right in my browser.

At the end you said to "make sure you vote for us on...." Do you have a link for that? How do we vote?

Thanks for all the great information. Even though you're not associated with Dish, it is nice to hear about things in the pipeline.

Activity missing from uplink report?

Alright you sly devils! How is it that you described the following activity without a corresponding uplink report? (If it's there, I haven't found it via search.)

Echo 4 (?) at 77 now has all 32 transponders lit! I can't even begin to understand that one since all but 4 (or was it 6?) transponders on Echo4 are dead. I do recall reading that the power problems resolved themselves when a solar panel finished deploying after being stuck for years. But how did all those transponders fix themselves? Is there another satellite at 77 that I don't know about? The podcast mentions NBATV on channel 560 and channels 6809 through 6840 carrying slates (UP 4 - 8).

Transponder 1 at 72.7 is now running channel 6801 UP5. Huh? Since when is there any satellite at 72.7? DirectTV 1R is still sitting at 72.5, while AMC6 is at 72.0.

Alright you sly devils! How is it that you described the following activity without a corresponding uplink report? (If it's there, I haven't found it via search.)

Echo 4 (?) at 77 now has all 32 transponders lit! I can't even begin to understand that one since all but 4 (or was it 6?) transponders on Echo4 are dead. I do recall reading that the power problems resolved themselves when a solar panel finished deploying after being stuck for years. But how did all those transponders fix themselves? Is there another satellite at 77 that I don't know about? The podcast mentions NBATV on channel 560 and channels 6809 through 6840 carrying slates (UP 4 - 8).

Transponder 1 at 72.7 is now running channel 6801 UP5. Huh? Since when is there any satellite at 72.7? DirectTV 1R is still sitting at 72.5, while AMC6 is at 72.0.

Here is what I have... According to my sources all of these are active. (Of course not available)

I only pass on what I am hearing. :)

Attachments

• eastern.jpg
    eastern.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 482
Is there any way to make your voice and Scott's approximately the same volume? I'm having some difficulty here at work because I have to crank up the volume to hear Scott, and then your voice and the opening/closing music and sound effects really blast out too loudly.

Is there any way to make your voice and Scott's approximately the same volume? I'm having some difficulty here at work because I have to crank up the volume to hear Scott, and then your voice and the opening/closing music and sound effects really blast out too loudly.

Yeah I am having somewhat the same issue but in my case Bob's voice is very low and especially at the beginning. The intro music is quite loud. Everything get equalized a bit better later into the broadcast.

Yeah I am having somewhat the same issue but in my case Bob's voice is very low...
Huh. :confused: I think I will try some headphones and see if the problem goes away. If it does, then I think one or more of us has a stereo speaker phasing issue.

you guys really need to post this in an independent RSS feed so that it can be subscribed to in iTunes, etc. I wanted to go back 30 seconds, and couldn't because the flash player sucks.

you guys really need to post this in an independent RSS feed so that it can be subscribed to in iTunes, etc. I wanted to go back 30 seconds, and couldn't because the flash player sucks.

Rss Feed SatelliteGuys.US - SatelliteGuys Podcast

We are also featured in Itunes Podcast section often, you can search for us in Itunes by searching for SatelliteGuys. :)

There are still only 4 TPs active at 77w, and only the DSS transponders at 72.5 from Dtv 1R. I don't believe we've even seen FCC approval for them to move Echo6 anywhere yet. Those "channels" (UP1, UP2, etc) are just placeholders in the system tables. There are channels on 77w, but they have been there since December.

In fact, Echostar submitted an application to keep Echo6 at 110w as a spare for another 180 days. This was filed April 18.
http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/servlet/ib.page.FetchAttachment?attachment_key=-146319

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)