Volume Two, Show One

Yeah I am having somewhat the same issue but in my case Bob's voice is very low and especially at the beginning. The intro music is quite loud.
Same here ... and I use headphones.

One thing mentioned by Scott was offering customers the option to pay for TiVo software on Dish DVRs. Seems to me that this might only appeal to former TiVo users... I think the vast majority of Dish DVR users are pretty happy with the software. It's not perfect and people want add'l features, but these features aren't generally anything that TiVo has that Dish doesn't have.

Dish had slots at 148 & 157. All 32 TPs if I recall correctly. But what they likely will do is move all of the Eastern customers over to E.Arc and then change 110 & 119 (ie Dish 500) over to being the Western Arc.

DBS Satellite Spacing

New member here,

Normally DBS satellites are spaced at a minimum of 9 degrees. How will 72.5 and 77 work without using a larger dish that has a narrower pattern? Also, I read Direct TV is already using 72.5, so 77 will cause a problem unless Direct TV is already using a larger dish on 72.5.

What am I missing? Is 72.5 only going to use LHCP and 77 use only RHCP?

Thanks!

Maybe it was just me, but when I listen to the podcast on Tuesday night it sounded like Scott and Bob had joined the Chipmunks. It hasn't been like that the previous weeks. I dunno, it could be on my end.

Maybe it was just me, but when I listen to the podcast on Tuesday night it sounded like Scott and Bob had joined the Chipmunks. It hasn't been like that the previous weeks. I dunno, it could be on my end.

I had the same problem yesterday afternoon. I thought it was just me.

New member here,

Normally DBS satellites are spaced at a minimum of 9 degrees. How will 72.5 and 77 work without using a larger dish that has a narrower pattern? Also, I read Direct TV is already using 72.5, so 77 will cause a problem unless Direct TV is already using a larger dish on 72.5.

What am I missing? Is 72.5 only going to use LHCP and 77 use only RHCP?

Thanks!

Thats one of the very issues that the FCC is looking for and the reason why they are wanting to test at that slot to see how much interferance there is. Lyngsat.com has D* 1r as ku and Echo 4 over at 77 as ka. I dont know if that is accurate or not.

Thats one of the very issues that the FCC is looking for and the reason why they are wanting to test at that slot to see how much interferance there is. Lyngsat.com has D* 1r as ku and Echo 4 over at 77 as ka. I dont know if that is accurate or not.

Yes, I see Lyngsat.com has 77 as white color, but when you open the link, the frequencies listed are standard KU DBS (12.311, 12.399, 12.428 and 12.530 GHz) not Ka. I don't see how 4.5 degress separation (77-72.5) is going to work on an 18" dish.

Anyone have an idea?

77 is Ku DBS. There really should not be a problem with 72.5 reception. In fact TPs are in use at 77 already, but the satellite is pointed towards Mexico, so only the lower half of the US can really see 77 ATM.

The issue is multisatellite dishes. If a DBS company wanted to use 72.5, 82 and 91 for example, a satellite at 77 could cause interference in some locations. In the original 77 filing Dish would have had E6 pointed down, so it would not have much signal bleed into Canada, the slot owners in question.

The problem now is E6 is being kept at 110 for a spare since launches look delayed again. E5 at 129 may cause a problem since Ciel-2 is already pushed into next year. Hopefully E11 makes it up on time. E8 should be freed up when E11 goes up. But, Echostar has to decide to give up an important spare now to move one of E6 or E8 to 129 and the other to 77.

They also leased capacity at 72.5, perhaps they will move a satellite there since it is not an issue like 77 would be.

chipmunks here. no problem understanding things, so it let me get the podcast done in less time!

They should give that option for all podcasts!

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)