Voom Channels are on Dish!

This was the quickest upgrade I have ever had from Dish. The entire phone call lasted no more than 2 minutes. When I hung up the VOOM channels were there. Sweet!!!!!

Same old...same old. The first CSR says they aren't available for current subs...the second CSR says they aren't available at all on Dish Network. Jeez, the channels show in my guide (red). This is just crap...why should we have to play the CSR game at all? :mad:

Here's something weird.

My first call, the guys says 'OK, you're done.'

I go back to my TV, but no channels - just says I haven't subscribed yet.

Second call, I get passed to advanced support who keeps me on hold for about 10 minutes and comes back and says 'It's not available yet. Check back in a couple of weeks.'

What's going on?!?

cclement said:
Made the phone call and asked for them. She put me on hold for a minute, came back and said that since I already have a 61.5 dish, that it'll be an extra $5. They were in my guide before I hung up the phone!

Same for me.
Very painless experience.

Bob

Just called, $5 more a month but it is on. Tried to sign up online, and through the box apparently that cant be done yet.. I am assuming it is because you must already be subscribed to the HD pack.

Up and running!!! Called, recording said approx. 8 minutes wait time, but about a minute later, got a CSR. He checked to see if I had a dish at 61.5 and bingo, all VOOM10 were available for viewing...

Checked for the 942 lease deal for existing subs, but had no information.

They also mentioned when I called that they are going to send us new smartcards for our non HD receivers. I am assuming this is so we can pick up the HD channels in the non HD receivers/TV's.

mmdieter said:
that is what they told me also, but after i insisted over and over, she talked to her super and realized her computer was having trouble...i was eligible.

my question is i am in central oregon and she said she would have someone come out on tuesday to hook up the dish at 61.5 and then i asked if i would be able to get cbs hd also now, and after checking she said yes, but it would be spotty in my area. then i asked if the voom channels would also be spotty? she said no, that they were on 61.5 and cbs hd was on 148 but that the dish they would install would see both birds, but that the voom channels would be fine...this doesn't sound correct. any help?

there is no dish that will see both 61.5 and 148.

for everyone having trouble adding the package, just call back until you get someone who knows what they are doing. people have the package, it is there and you don't have to be a new customer.

I wonder what percentage of Dish Customers actually have the 61.5 Dish and can take advantage of the 10 VOOM channels, if they want to spend the extra $5.

I've had the America's 180 Package for about four years, and the HD package when it first came out. But I only have Dish 500 for the 110 and 119 satellite.

Grinder said:
They also mentioned when I called that they are going to send us new smartcards for our non HD receivers. I am assuming this is so we can pick up the HD channels in the non HD receivers/TV's.

Wrong..its for the Naga 2 they are going to and so you will still get SD programing.

I called last night at 11pm central time (Saturday night). The CSR asked me if I had a 61.5 dish and signed me up for $5.00 a month. Was told the new channels would download around 2-3am in the morning. Went to bed and woke up to find the new HD channels have arrived as promised.

SUCCESS - sort of!!!

After 4 calls and about 1/2 hour on the phone, advanced tech said (again) that I wasn't going to get the channels until after the 5th.

At that very moment, I was able to navigate and see the channels if I use the up/down arrow on my remote and not the select button.

Weird but at least I've got the channels.

p.s. He was a really nice guy and seemed to be trying to help me but said I should not trust what I read on these sites...LOL...

korsjs said:
for everyone having trouble adding the package, just call back until you get someone who knows what they are doing. people have the package, it is there and you don't have to be a new customer.

Exactly what happened to me. Three calls and I finally got someone to tell me I can sign up at 8am EST. I thought that was BS but I wasn't going to argue. Called back at 8:05 and two minutes later I was Voomin' baby. :D

It took me two calls to get Voom added as well. It seems the overseas call center doesn't know how to add the Voom channels. My second call went to an English speaking person and she added the channels in about a minute.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)