VOOM Customer Service Representatives

grishamfan

Original poster
Feb 15, 2004
Spokane,WA
I am a VOOM CSR and I visit the site on a regular bases. I thought I would start this thread so we can get some positive feed back on CSR. I know that I personally try my best to help the customer and I am sure that alot of other CSR's do the same. Another reason why I started the feed is because I hear alot of negative things about us CSR's. So if you have a positive story about a CSR please post it.

I would like to agree...

I posted my experience in another thread. My CSR was VERY helpful, even though he sounded a little "new" to the task. I was completely at ease by the time my ordering was done. He took his time and made sure he did everything right. He must have, my install went by the numbers.
Thanks. :yes

hmmm, this may be a short thread! :D

But seriously, every time I have called Voom, I have gotten a nice person and I always got my problem resolved to the best of their abilities. My problems with my OTA reception were not Voom's fault, it was the installer. I had a problem with billing, they corrected it and gave me a month free.

I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up with sarcasitc comments here. :smug

Probably the only thing I can comment on so far, at least until I get installed. The guy I talked to was great. Good info, knowledgeable as could be, he sounded a little new. Didn't slow anything down though. So far so good!

Grishamfan. I have had nothing but good experiences with the CSRs. I even sent Voom an email when a CSR went well above and beyond for me. I also posted on this forum. It's been a couple of months, and I've forgotten his name (remembered: Tyler Atkinson). My biggest gripe is the speculative nature of information coming from or attributed to CSRs. This forum is littered with ". . . and my CSR told me the ________ channel was going to be added soon." Obviously the poster of the comment has to bear much of the brunt of this situation.

Question: How much information do CSRs get? Do you hear office rumors, and that's where much of the speculation comes from? Are you told to hint at new channels?

Thanks for using the forum, and participating in the chat last time.

Grishamfan. I have had nothing but good experiences with the CSRs. I even sent Voom an email when a CSR went well above and beyond for me. I also posted on this forum. It's been a couple of months, and I've forgotten his name (remembered: Tyler Atkinson). My biggest gripe is the speculative nature of information coming from or attributed to CSRs. This forum is littered with ". . . and my CSR told me the ________ channel was going to be added soon." Obviously the poster of the comment has to bear much of the brunt of this situation.

Question: How much information do CSRs get? Do you hear office rumors, and that's where much of the speculation comes from? Are you told to hint at new channels?

Thanks for using the forum, and participating in the chat last time.

I've dealt with quite a few CSRs, and I have found every one of them to be friendly and helpful. They have tried their best within the constraints imposed by upper management and always seem to genuinely care and sympathize with the customers' concerns.

I feel that the problem with Voom does not reside with the CSRs themselves, but rather with the amount of training and power to resolve issues given them by the management.

For example, when a CSR cancelled my account in order to start my account from scratch all over again (long story :) ), there was no way at all to enter my name and address again. My old account was stuck in limbo for two weeks until a creative person higher up finally figured a way around the system to enter a new account for me.

On another issue, my local OTA mappings were correctly entered, but there were no OTA HD stations in City A. I requested that my OTA mapping be changed to City B (where there was plenty of OTA HD), and I was told by both the CSR and the supervisor that the FCC regulations required mapping my zip code to City A, and there was nothing they could do about it. Of course this information is incorrect, as the FCC mandate only applies to satellite delivered locals, not OTA.

In both of these cases, if the CSR had better training (like knowing the correct FCC regulatory implementation) and more power (the ability to do something about the account problem and OTA mapping), I would have been spared a lot of frustration.

I understand that the CSRs are not responsible for these issues, but as a CSR, you need to understand that you are the liason between customer and corporation, so you will naturally be the first in line to get an earful. This is a natural human reaction, and stems from the frustration that the customer feels when his hands are tied from being able to control his own fate, especially when he knows he is right! :rolleyes:

I think that the customers need to understand that not everything is within the CSRs ability to change or correct, and at the same time I feel that it is very important that the CSR effectively communicates to management that problems exist in the system and need to be repaired.

Another example: When I had the two issues I descibed above, I was told that my problems would be entered in some sort of accelerated queue (I don't remember the exact term used), as the problems were long overdue to be resolved. I was also told that Voom would contact me very soon and that I should just wait. Well, NONE of those return calls EVER came. I believe that the CSRs performed their duites faithfully, but the next level of service completely ignored or lost my requests.

How did I get these issues resolved? - By contacting Wilt Hindenbrand and Peter Rees personally. After talking with them, both problems had been solved within an hour or two, and previous to that, I had waited several weeks with no response at all from "the second level".

I think the Voom CSRs are great!! The next level reponse system needs considerable work, though, as currently it is totally useless (unless it has been fixed in the last month).

Voom CSRs are limited to the amount of information that we get. Personally I find that to frustrating. Especially when a customer calls and gives us information on channels, etc.. We have nothing to tell them so it makes us look dumb. We generally don't find things out until it happens (ex. a channel goes live) or i mainly find out when I come to this website.

I have had some good conversations with some of the CSR's on the phone and some were quite knowledgable and knew of the area I was from having family/friends live near me.

The CSR who got me going when I first signed up for VOOM was really great! Smart and alert!

However, the CSR I spoke with this week to take care of some follow-up issues had a great attitude, but was very, VERY slow -- had to check with supervisor before saying anything. I was on a speaker phone, and at least I was able to get work done while I was on hold. The whole call took almost an HOUR, mostly wait time on hold. I was calling only to change my mailing address to a p.o. box, request a DVI cable, and question a couple of details about my install charges - should have taken 5 or 10 minutes. Thank goodness for speaker phones!

I had no bad experiences with Voom CSRs. I believe the negative feedback is coming from the bad experience with some of the installers. Voom needs to have more control on the installers.

My favorite CSR story was the guy who was helping me with a Playboy issue. I had the channel on at the time and he kept making funny comments about the soundtrack and asking what was going on. It made being on a lengthy call more bearable.

I've had several good experiences with CSR's. My only bad one was the very first one who was supposed to set up my install, but didn't. I only found out I wasn't scheduled when I called to verify. They had no record of me. The next CSR, who corrected the problem, was very professional and helpful.

I've been a customer since 3/13 and have probably called a dozen + times and every CSR was very nice and all but one had the info I required. One CSR didn't have a clue what I was talking about when it came to mapping locals, other than that I've had a very positive CSR experience.

Well...

I have been a Voom costumer since April and haven't had very good luck thus far. The problems I had with installers were absolutely amazing, but that is not something for this thread. I just want to mention that the installation itself took a month and several installers that cost me countless days off work.
As to the customer service I have not been able to get a person who knows what they're talking about. This forum has helped me more than any CSR to date.
I am still battling with OTA mapping and I'm very tired to hit a brick wall every time I call either Voom or Installs. They have both given me a runaround. It gets very frustrating when the CSR starts telling me about FCC. Please all remember that FCC does not have rules for zipcode restrictions on your OTA channels. I cannot imagine why the CSR's refuse to take my mapping requests seriously since I have told them exactly what I'm missing.
oddwunn, how did you manage to contact Mr. Hindenbrand and Mr. Rees?
My patience has totally run out with this OTA business.

I guess the bottom line is that Voom CSR's need more education.

vader said:
Well...

I have been a Voom costumer since April and haven't had very good luck thus far. The problems I had with installers were absolutely amazing, but that is not something for this thread. I just want to mention that the installation itself took a month and several installers that cost me countless days off work.
As to the customer service I have not been able to get a person who knows what they're talking about. This forum has helped me more than any CSR to date.
I am still battling with OTA mapping and I'm very tired to hit a brick wall every time I call either Voom or Installs. They have both given me a runaround. It gets very frustrating when the CSR starts telling me about FCC. Please all remember that FCC does not have rules for zipcode restrictions on your OTA channels. I cannot imagine why the CSR's refuse to take my mapping requests seriously since I have told them exactly what I'm missing.
oddwunn, how did you manage to contact Mr. Hindenbrand and Mr. Rees?
My patience has totally run out with this OTA business.

I guess the bottom line is that Voom CSR's need more education.

Vader,

"Wilt Hildenbrand" <wilth@optonline.net>.

I called Voom directly and complained about OA mapping and a month after that finally got all mapping issues taking care of.

OTA can be frustrating, luckily I had mine setup by myself after numerous trial and error with antennas under D*. My Voom CSR experiences have all been positive, except that I had to call in at the last minute to get the one dollar fight because the first CSR didnt set it up when I requested it. No big deal.