VOom screwing me after I cancelled. Beware!!

zubinh said:
Cant wait till next summer when Satelliteguys only has two forums; D* and E* - things will be so much more peaceful.

Poor zubinh... Anxiety is not a pleasant state of emotions. I know what you are going through reading positive posts about Voom experience. They make you feel really sick, ha? So let me give you a piece of advice, if I may: forget about this forum, enjoy your D*/E* service, and stop reading and posting here because you can get an ulcer.

Genuinely concerned about zubinh,
Happy Voomer. :)

Sean Mota said:
Not all at. Madtown has been a class member from day 1 as far as I know. He has a right to complain and with good reasons. This is why a "VOOM customer" forum was created. Anyone can provide negatives/positives.

I agree with barth2k why should the customers have to change their CC. VOOM should get their act together in this billing issues. Too many already and with no solution in sight. This is so easy to do and it requires no "brain surgeon" to do. This only adds negativity to the already bad image that they are picturing in the satellite industry.

There is no excuse for this. Someone head should roll whomever is not doing his/her job correctly.

Ty Sean for the kind words :yes After re-reading my initial post ...Boy was I mad! That I still am not but if I was a little harsh, sorry. Moving over the D* forum, though I will still see what Voom is up to here. ltr

r.jones1116:
Maybe now you should change your signature to read

"Dishnetwork...the campany that screws you when you cancel. BEWARE!! :( :mad: :confused: :shocked

LOL....OK so i got the retention credit pulled when I in fact I cancelled and the other stuff I posted...NOW... today after they charged me for the amount I was not suppose to , I get a bill for October dated after i cancelled saying "Due NOW" and "your payment is overdue" for October!!! Gotta love their accounting :eek:

Cancelled Voom Service

I cancelled Voom service today. Printed out my statements online, including unbilled. Status shows as "Disconnected" with a small credit for 1 day of service billed in advanced. I will not be receiving additional charges, per Voom. If my CC gets charged, I will contest charges and make a final posting for all of your information. So it is Goodbye and Hasta la vista, baby.
:wave :bow

My bank reversed their charges (on my debit card) and they have 30 days to answer.also banked charged numbers and reissuing card...Anyone wanna bet they don't answer? And I thought I was the customer here...As I said...See below :eek:

When I cancel VOOM I will cancel my CC first them tell them I nolonger want their service. I guess I have to cover my a@# first.

Yeah, I was walking home last Friday and VOOM jumped out of the bushes and hit me over the head. Stole my wallet. What a lousy thing for a Sat. Company to do!

--Crazy Louie

vurbano said:
Get over it and grow up. IM sure it will be refunded eventually

Get over it and grow up???? let's see...I always pd on time...why shouldn't expect the same from Voom?? They give me a credit to stay and try them for one more month, then reverse the freaking credit when i do cancel and I need to get over it and grow up. They charged me 7 days after I cancel for another month(and I made sure to cancel before the billing cycle ended) and I should just say..."oh geez that's ok V* I know I will get my money back "EVENTUALLY"!" I call them and ask to speak with a supervisor and am told"We are short on supervisors right now, you'll have to call back"...I call back and am told a supervisor is busy and will call me back in 1 hour max....4 days later I still hear nothing. I guess I am expecting to much huh??? I can get a refund from my cable Co.,Electric Co., Gas Co., Hotels, Car rental companies, department stores etc...and just about every other

R-E-P-U-T-A-B-L-E

company I deal with, which is every other compnay I deal with, the next day. Hence the reason I no longer use Voom. I have read stories all over the Voom boards about people still being charged after they have cancelled. Never thought it would happen to me but guess what it did. Now who's fault is that? The customer? NOOOOoo We have to cancel CC's or have the number changed. Who get scewed there? Voom? no it is the customer. They told me it would take 6-8 weeks to be refunded for a months charge, after I cancelled, which I was charged for. That is ridiculous!! :eek: I have always been fair in my assessment of Voom and stated they have a good product, though maybe over-priced, but have the worst accounting I have ever seen and a sub par customer service department.
Don't be a Voom apologist...accept when they screw up.

vurbano said:
Get over it and grow up. IM sure it will be refunded eventually

This from a guy who bit*hed for about a year about illegal sales tax until they finally changed it.

andrzej said:
Poor zubinh... Anxiety is not a pleasant state of emotions. I know what you are going through reading positive posts about Voom experience.

andrzej - may I ask where these posts are located? You and Sean need to face the facts that Voom is a second class business on its way out. The truth kills you two. Now Sean, do as you usually do and delete this. Nobody can bad mouth the mighty Voom. The Assimulation is close to the end. :yes This entire thread says it all. Lot of people leaving. :river :D

Complaints

My only hope is that there are 10-to-1 other cancellations that we never hear about because Voom did the right thing. It is possible that we only hear about the problem cases.

Indeed! On any given message board or forum, the majority of the posts will be negative. Its the nature of the beast.

That being said, VOOM needs to quickly improve in many aspects. If they are losing their current base, how can they ever expect to sign up new subscribers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)