why I cancelled VaVaVoom

elocs, I agree that you are making a good decision.
The one reason I don't upgrade to have "all of the movie channels" package is because I know that I can never watch half of the shows and because of that I can't justify wasting $30-40/month on them. Plus I have a 3 year old and i want to spend more quality time with him.

I also applaud you for your willingness to sacrifice some of your resources to give your daughter music lessons. My wife is a stay at home mom and does piano and voice lessons so we can have a little extra income. I get to see first hand what a difference music lessons can make on a child. If she can stick with it and practice, practice and practice she will be able to enjoy this the rest of her life and will also see rewards she never dreamed of because of this talent!

I just cancelled VaVaVoom because Voom can't get their $hit together enough to get my OTA antenna upgrade done. Been waiting over a month and through three different installers trying to get this one workorder completed. Just one excuse after another, it has been nothing but a big waste of my time.

jbcheshire said:
elocs, I agree that you are making a good decision.
The one reason I don't upgrade to have "all of the movie channels" package is because I know that I can never watch half of the shows and because of that I can't justify wasting $30-40/month on them. Plus I have a 3 year old and i want to spend more quality time with him.

I also applaud you for your willingness to sacrifice some of your resources to give your daughter music lessons. My wife is a stay at home mom and does piano and voice lessons so we can have a little extra income. I get to see first hand what a difference music lessons can make on a child. If she can stick with it and practice, practice and practice she will be able to enjoy this the rest of her life and will also see rewards she never dreamed of because of this talent!

My reason for eventually leaving Voom is more than just money, although that was tied into it. There is the lifestyle aspect, just doing other things than watching. My daughter's comment about not reading anymore struck home. Then reading that thread on AVS forum about ota-only got me thinking.
Add to that the constant uncertainty about Voom's future and the fact that I need to have basic cable in order to get my NBC station. It came to the point where I decided to change. The irony is that I am happy with Voom.

As for the music lessons, my daughter has been taking drums lessons and playing for 2 years now and it is hard to get her to stop practicing. She had outgrown her original drumset, so last January I scraped together and got her a DW drumset which is the top of the line. She is so proud because her drums are better than some professionals use and she has won a couple of competitions. She will have those drums years and years from now, so any sacrifice I make now is well worth the return.

Who knows? Maybe if Voom is still here in the middle of a cold Wisconsin winter I might reconsider. But probably by then I will have kicked the habit. Different strokes for different folks--just my personal choice.

uboatcmdr said:
I just cancelled VaVaVoom because Voom can't get their $hit together enough to get my OTA antenna upgrade done. Been waiting over a month and through three different installers trying to get this one workorder completed. Just one excuse after another, it has been nothing but a big waste of my time.

An antenna upgrade was part of my problem too.
I was approved for an upgrade, but my installer was more interested in talking me into switching to Dish so I could get my locals through them. He would come to upgrade my antenna, but it seemed like his attitude was in order to prove to me it wouldn't work. Voom shouldn't, and I am sure does not, uderestimate the value of locals to its subscribers because they can usually be gotten through other avenues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts