want bell back in pennsyvlania sick of dish and direct

buckspaul

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
i live in pennsylvania and used to have bell a few years ago than moved to another area and got direct and now dish im so sick of programming. we really liked bells programming and miss it. im current a dish network customer with the lastest dish and hdtv dual turner dvr. i really want bell back. and want the 9241 system. wondering if the 51cm dish is ok or should i get a a larger one for less weather drops. i know this part of pa the nimiq 1 and 2 signals are very high though. also i want to install myself any suggestions wondering if should use the same dealer i used before in quebec and broker can you anyone private me for feedback on tech and harware and broker info.. want to explore my options since the exhange rate is not to bad now.. also was reading additional hardware is required to get AOV channels.. what extra is needed. thanks paul

has bell changed their footprint again?? just been informed that some bell channels now will NOT work in pennsyvlania ??? theres no new maps online i live near allentown, pa
Who said that? I'm in Southern York County, and can get high 90's on N4 using a 20" Dish 500.

what 30" dish should i get

i made the leap today ordered the bell hd pvr system it arriving with everything is except the dish. i want to get a 30" dish myself to make sure have minimized rain or snow fade.. so far the thing i have seen in that size is the offset windguard any suggestions?

i want to get a 30" dish myself to make sure have minimized rain or snow fade.. so far the thing i have seen in that size is the offset windguard any suggestions?

Looks like this dish would work well for you:

[FONT=verdana,helvetica,sans-serif]Winegard DS 2077 30" Dish Network Satellite Dish (DS2077)[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,helvetica,sans-serif]Solid Signal is one of the places you can buy this dish.[/FONT]

Get one for 82W and one for 91W and you wil for sure have minimized rain fade as opposed to the standard 20" dish that combines both feeds.

Last edited:
i made the leap today ordered the bell hd pvr system it arriving with everything is except the dish. i want to get a 30" dish myself to make sure have minimized rain or snow fade.. so far the thing i have seen in that size is the offset windguard any suggestions?

Unless things have changed dramatically in the last couple of months, you're going to have a very rough time getting any HD in PA.

I'm in New Jersey and gave up late last year and canceled. The foot print is just too far north to bother with.

Had BEV, curious of your experiences

has bell changed their footprint again?? just been informed that some bell channels now will NOT work in pennsyvlania ??? theres no new maps online i live near allentown, pa

I'm in PA as well, north of Philadelphia. I had BEV until last year when they started dorking with the bird's signal map and introduced the new satelllite too.

I had the 20" dual LNB dish and need Transponders 2-6 to work for the channels I want. I've tried the single dish treatment short of going to the 30" dish for the 82W signals.

It worries me that the wobble effect is so pronounced that I go from 65% signal at late night to zero at other times on the TP's I need. I can go up to 36" but that "wobble fade" so to speak seems too extreme for me to try it on the 82W so far.

I'd be curious if anyone west of me in southern New Jersey has been able to get TP's 2-6 reliably with a larger dish on the 82W bird.

It is very strange that Derwin0 has signal in the 90's in Penn. with an 20" dish and another fellow here can get a stable signal in Nashville with a 76" dish. :confused:

buskspaul it looks like you would be best to buy a 30" or 36" dish and use an old receiver to check you signal levels. I'd love to see what your results would be.

oh just great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im p*ssed now.. just invested in brand new pvr hd system it has not arrived yet and got a 30 inch dish. where in nj like it makes a big deal of difference anyway . I cant beleive that this area we cant get a decent signal here. ontario is only about 350 miles northwest. how can the signal gradiant 82 be so steep.. except if they are using spot beams? im near the lehigh valley here.

Here in Nashville, there is some wobble I notice on some transponders between night and day (TP 27 is the most noticeable for me and is lowest at night). However I maintain a workable signal.

There is someone in NC getting 82W with a 30 inch so I cannot imagine that a 30 inch would not work in Pa. We are both further south and NC is more or less below PA. I doubt it is a spotbeam issue since I am certain Bell don't cover my area.

The big question for me is whether it still works on all transponders after 8PSK is fully implemented as that modulation scheme requires a 3dB signal to noise ratio.

Yes, it is able to do 8PSK and MPG4. You will not need to upgrade this receiver for a very long time.

I'm also in the Lehigh Valley and considering acquire Bell for next season hockey. Are you saying that Bell (with HD) will not work properly in this area?

I'm also in the Lehigh Valley and considering acquire Bell for next season hockey. Are you saying that Bell (with HD) will not work properly in this area?

Better HD PQ and lower programming cost by going with Shaw Direct (Star Choice) if you are starting from scratch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts