Warner waiting till Q1 2008 to end BD

They are? Tell me something then. Where can I buy "Batman Begins", "V for Vandetta" or the "Matrix trilogy" on BD in the US? Some commitment :rolleyes:

I don't know where these 3 films are they are probably delayed like all the New Line films come out on half dead dvd "at a later date".

I don't know where these 3 films are they are probably delayed like all the New Line films come out on half dead dvd "at a later date".

Hey, we're moving up in the world! :clap:clap

It used to be HD-Dead. Now it's only Half-dead DVD. :D

BTW - "all New Line films are not "delayed" on HD DVD - only the 2 still paying in theaters overseas, Rush Hours 3 & Hairspray. Pan's Labyrinth HD DVD is already in my pre-order from Warner.

Last edited:
I have had V and Batman on HD DVD for so long I cant remember when I bought them. You call that support? :haha :haha

I honestly don't see how BD can be as profitable as HD for Warner. First of all they have to hire Java programmers to do the BDJ. Anyone out there ever write Java code? Pain in the ass. Couple that with the different profiles and you could have a lot of torqued off people when a disc doesn't work. Add to that different profiles require different hardware in the machine which is not firmware updateable. I don't see how this can be economically feasible. They would have to test and debug each disc on every player's different profile level. The HD discs, I understand they just code XML statements and run it through. Let me add one more question. IF Disney is so hell bent on BD why do they stay on the HDDVD committee suggesting and approving modifications to the specs? If they though BD was it,why don't they quit?

I have had V and Batman on HD DVD for so long I cant remember when I bought them. You call that support? :haha :haha

Warner actually held back a boatload of titles on HD because they thought they could put out both versions but the BD specs were in flux. So they tried to be fair but punished the HD guys because the BD guys didnt hold up their end, and maybe they did it on purpose.

Sorry...

I just am enjoying the moment pointing out the hypocrisy of one of the biggest spewer of FUD on this board. Additionally I’m almost dune dancing on his grave.

And in my defense I asked nicely for Verbano to change the title of the thread. And admit defeat. I know he's online.

Even though I'm not a V man fan, cut him a little slack, he's had a bad couple days. First DirecTV doesn't add HD locals in Norfolk, while adding other cities, and now this news.

I figures that someone would revive this thread.

Even though I'm not a V man fan, cut him a little slack, he's had a bad couple days. First DirecTV doesn't add HD locals in Norfolk, while adding other cities, and now this news.
I have no problem with him, but I honestly think he was prepared when (and if) this day came.
He does his thing and says his part, and thats fine, but to not expect a little recoil when things do not go his way (considering his very strong stance and statements) would be silly.

So post on I say. I would expect the same if I were biased

Last edited:
Damn you Time Warner... I bought the HP HD DVD box set and now won't be able to get 6 & 7 on HD-DVD. Damn you Time Warner...

Blu fans take it easy on us. It was indeed a bad day for HD-DVD fans.

Don

I have no problem with him, but I honestly think he was prepared when (and if) this day came.
He does his thing and says his part, and thats fine, but to not expect a little recoil when things do not go his way (considering his very strong stance and statements) would be silly.

So post on I say. I would expect the same if I were biased

Don't mind him, move on with the thread.
He is a good guy, just things didn't go his way this past few days :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)