Was D* 12 a disappointment?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
P.S. you need to fight back Chrysler been pulling the Hemi Badging off of there vehicles. I was just looking at the New 2011 Grand and pop the hood Hemi all over the place but no more exterior badging and the sales guy told me they pulled it off the charger too. It just not fair.
It may have something to do with the now widely recognized fact that the modern Chrysler HEMI(tm) doesn't employ true hemispherical heads (not that that's a bad thing).

I was watching Directv's capacity the other day. They are certainly the leader. The transponder signal meter checks were very entertaining. Who says D12 is a disappointment? :rolleyes:

Brewer4 said:
I was watching Directv's capacity the other day. They are certainly the leader. The transponder signal meter checks were very entertaining. Who says D12 is a disappointment? :rolleyes:

Did you see last weeks episode when the one transponder went from 96 to 95 then back to 96? It was so exciting!!!! How about the one bird that takes a long time to pull in all the numbers? Talk about edge of your seat suspenseful thrill ride!

I couldn't care less about the D & E HD race.D has the channels I like in HD with 2 or 3 missing.To me it is NOT a big deal.They will get them sooner or later.TMC & FMC would be great additions in HD.

Yes, the lack of national HD programing additions has been a disappointment so far.

I would be more upset if I couldn't find a way around finding the specific AMC and BBC-A series in HD I'm hooked on from Roku. If it weren't for cheap access to Netfix and Amazon, I'd have jumped ship to E last summer.

Now that Hulu is available on Roku I might have a tough choice after the Superbowl. I could save some money suspending service February through August each year. I'd be less prone to do that if D adds AMC BBC and TCM in HD.

Amazon HD on the Roku is helping me with BBC and AMC, but Hulu+ is not for me. The HD PQ is junk, and Id rather pay D* for those channels.

I just accepted Cablevisions Triple play offer, for the same reason. I'll keep both until the end of the NFL season(because I purchased ST) then decide if I want to keep DirecTV. I've minimized my programing package w/D*, because Cablevision offers my movie channels in HD.

MORE movie channels...not MY....

I just accepted Cablevisions Triple play offer, for the same reason. I'll keep both until the end of the NFL season(because I purchased ST) then decide if I want to keep DirecTV. I've minimized my programing package w/D*, because Cablevision offers my movie channels in HD.

Amazon HD on the Roku is helping me with BBC and AMC, but Hulu+ is not for me. The HD PQ is junk, and Id rather pay D* for those channels.

Ive actually been pleasantly surprised with the PQ of Hulu Plus using the PS3. What device are you using to view it?

Roku to 58" TV. It's just soft for my tastes. I noticed when I went from Amazon VOD downloads on the TiVo, to streaming on the Roku, it was a little soft, but Hulu Plus was very soft.

Hmm, I wonder if it is a difference of being through ruku vs being through ps3?

Yea. Hulu Plus pq on Roku is really lacking. I put Amazon first then Netflix next as far as streaming hd pq on the Roku. Amazon is not too far off of some blu ray discs I have seen.

Hmm, I wonder if it is a difference of being through ruku vs being through ps3?

The difference is the internet connection speed.. HULU (with roku) looks better with cable modem than DSL.. Some of the newer stuff looks great in HD but the classic shows and movies do look like crap

The difference is the internet connection speed.. HULU (with roku) looks better with cable modem than DSL.. Some of the newer stuff looks great in HD but the classic shows and movies do look like crap

I wouldnt say that for sure. I have a DSL connection for now, and the limited hulu plus content I have watched has been comparable to average sat HD. Obviously below the good HD, but above the worst. As far as net streamed HD goes, it isnt VUDU HDX by any means, but it is comparable to most netflix HD. At least what I have seen.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts