Was DISH Robbed at CES?

This puts a serious hit on CNET's credibility.

You bet it does. I hope the people at CNET have enough pride to be livid with this, not so much the #1 rating not given to the Hopper+, but also they now will not review anything that CBS tells them not to. Serious dent in their credibility. Does it work the other way also, will CBS now tell CNET what product is very friendly with CBS?

Sour grapes man.I so hope Charlie is able to stick it to CBS,FOX,NBC,and ABC in the end.

Charlie's crap aside, CBS is truly a crap company when it comes to imposing their personal preferences on others. Look at their radio division. In the last six years they have stripped all originality from the FM band to drone women and teens into everybody likes pop mentality, and men into all people want to hear is other men talk about sports.

Now does it piss me off that as a rock fan, they killed all rock east of the Mississippi? YES! After all, having two pop stations in NYC, they still had to buy a rock station to kill and put sports talk on FM. But look at the actual formats that in that purgatory known as HD2 and HD3. Jazz, Blues, 80s themed music, most former Rock stations, Classic Hits/Oldies. But every analog and HD1 stations are sports talk and pop.

So between that, their stellar journalism (all TV news is awful opinion laced wastes of time), and this happening with CNET, I figured I'm done with CBS.

Charlie's crap aside, CBS is truly a crap company when it comes to imposing their personal preferences on others. Look at their radio division. In the last six years they have stripped all originality from the FM band to drone women and teens into everybody likes pop mentality, and men into all people want to hear is other men talk about sports.

Now does it piss me off that as a rock fan, they killed all rock east of the Mississippi? YES! After all, having two pop stations in NYC, they still had to buy a rock station to kill and put sports talk on FM. But look at the actual formats that in that purgatory known as HD2 and HD3. Jazz, Blues, 80s themed music, most former Rock stations, Classic Hits/Oldies. But every analog and HD1 stations are sports talk and pop.

So between that, their stellar journalism (all TV news is awful opinion laced wastes of time), and this happening with CNET, I figured I'm done with CBS.

Nice post.....radio is a F'ing joke nowadays.....

What a childish and immature move on their part. I would go as far as to say it's shameful. How anyone from cbs could think this was a good move shows how clueless they are.

A gaming tablet that most people will never even touch wins because dish gave people what they actually want. Ask I can do is shake my head in disgust.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app.

Just minutes before announcing the winner of the CNET Best of CES award winner it was announced that DISH was disqualified from getting the award due to lawsuit between DISH and CNET's Parent Company CBS.

For the past few days DISH employees were proud to be nominated and were even wearing CNET buttons (provided by CNET) to show their pride.

It is my opinion that DISH probably won the award and CBS stepped in and refused to let CNET give them the award. As DISH was listed up until just a few moments before the award was to be given.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
That's some Grade A Bullsh!t right there. Pardon my language. But, no other way to state it.

I look at CNET reviews of HW and SW components frequently. I'm amazed at the disparity in the ratings that the CNET reviewers and users frequently give items. I don't use them as an authority.

I don't know why you are all defending Dish.

I don't blame CBS one bit in their decision. When your in a lawsuit, why would you do anything to benefit the person you are trying to sue.

Where this will hurt dish is that they will not be able to promote the hopper as winning an award, and it may cost them a few potential customers who research before they buy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)