Status
Please reply by conversation.

bassist

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
South Carolina
Hey guys,

I attempted to view my favorite show (The Rockford Files) and all I got was a black screen with "no audio/video" even though I had a solid lock on the 11735 TP. Tried rebooting, manual scanning, BSing, but no luck. Anybody else have a problem?

Sounds like you're a victim of Leo. LEO-1 that is. It has been known to intermittently take over the RTN signals of several members. There have been several posts about the problem. See here and here. There are several others as well. You can do a search for RTN.

-LoTech

Never been taken over by Leo-1. Maybe it has to do with the size of my dish. Although my 90cm Channel Master (Primestar) should show more Q then I get from RTN. Still thinking about playing with the alignment someday. The only thing thats stopping me is when I aligned it for RTN they were so weak in the beginning I squeezed every last drop out of it so it should be dead nuts on.

Yep, It looks like I AM eaten by the lion.

When I accessed 11735, 4444 under manual scan this evening, "unknown network" popped up for a millisecond then LEO-1 popped up & stayed up.

Can I do anything to get RTN back?

I started using freq 11738 and sr 4441 with my 36" dish and no more problem locking rtn. always comes in with the 8.5' dish.

Well I got to see Rockford w/ guest star Dionne Warwick.

After consulting with Lotech's links, I went outside with the CS & Tv & slightly "unskewed" the lnb until the NBC TP's Q decreased a little bit. Then I switched to RTN W and there was tiling, glitchy reception. Played with skew a little more & the signal got a little better. Then I gently nudged the dish toward the south, & bingo, I got reception back.

Thanks dudes!!

it seems like in some cases to push the LNB towards the dish helps reject adjacent stuff

I do that with my 6 footer and G16 C-Band. LNB is pushed in pretty far

couple examples

the 1st is the stacked LNB on the left...the LNB is almost pushed in as far as it would go

2nd one is a GeoSatPro dual (same sat)..notice how far its pushed in

Attachments

• 000_0673.jpg
    000_0673.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 174
  • 100_0261.jpg
    100_0261.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
I'm starting to have a problem with the RTN signal when I didn't before. It's acting like I'm getting some sort of interference since it will pop in at 67 with my Traxis and then all of the sudden no lock and back again. Bumping the dish each way really has no effect.

I tried tweaking the dish and it didn't make a difference with RTN. Everything else comes in great.

same here TVRO...no issues here with RTN and I see that other TP log in all the time

Ya that other transponder always seems to be there and lately is much higher than RTN in Quality. I almost have to say that the problem with RTN is there not putting out a blowtorch signal and there in the mud (old lingo :)) Those with bigger dishes don't see the problems that much. In the back of my mind I keep wondering if I could squeeze a bit more out of RTN though. I need to wait for a nice day here and also at Lukins uplink. No rain or cloud cover would be the best. Then do some fine tuning. I know with Ku cloud cover itself can make quite a difference depending on the moisture content of the clouds. While Im at it I should also wait for a time the bird is in the middle of the box too.

I think the real high quality reading is indicating that your receiver has locked onto 11745 (the NBC color bars). When locked onto RTN & I'm getting a good picture, the Q readings are in the high 60's with my CS4000.

I'm gonna have to try this stuff too. I've completely lost RTN on my 1m primestar. LEO and the other one come in pretty high, but rtn is gone. I've tried 11738, 4441, 4434 etc.
Transedit when scanning 11735 4444 goes red instantly, as if saying there's nothing there at all. I had the same question as the OP and at first thought rtn was gone.
and now that I re-read firebuff's post, oddly enough it's the same for me, I started out with a really high Q on the data TPs, and RTN was in the 60's. RTN dropped down to high 40's before it disappeared, the NBC bars are high 40s for me, and the data TP gets me 55 or so.
I'm half tempted to point the primestar elsewhere (123 maybe) for a time just because it's too frustrating to have gotten hooked on rtn to have now lost it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts