Wayward Pines

Am I the only one that was amazed we can suspend people with black pepper corns?

I don't remember how it was described in the books but they sure could have created a more interesting visual.
Ok, I might be wrong...maybe fine ground charcoal. I'm pretty forgiving with science fiction shows, but Pam "taking a powder" was ridiculous.

Last edited:
A stupid ending to a stupid show. Hindsight is 20/20, I should have given up after episode 5. Watching the abbys rip everyone a part was fun though.

Don't really understand the point of this show. There was no twist. The characters sucked, with a few exceptions the acting was terrible.

And it is not returning for a second season

http://www.realtytoday.com/articles/21649/20150721/end-wayward-pines-fox-tv.htm
That's just their version of a happy ending with the life's lesson being that human beings are meant to live under a tyrannical dictatorship. In Wayward Pines,it's "1984" every day.

I still have a few episodes to go, but it doesn't keep my attention at all, and given how bad the books ended, I guess I am not surprised. I doubt I will bother with the rest of the episodes.

I still have a few episodes to go, but it doesn't keep my attention at all, and given how bad the books ended, I guess I am not surprised. I doubt I will bother with the rest of the episodes.

The last 5 minutes would be enough for you to throw a hammer through your tv set, so abandoning it now it's probably a good idea.

p.s. It doesn't end ANYTHING like the books. It's a total "WTF"? ending, right up there with the worst of "Under The Dome".

I hated the books ending. The TV ending was meh.

It would have been better without the POOR attempt at a shamalamadingdong, (one hit wonder) SHOCK ending.

Those writers would had done WELL to have studied some old-school Twilight Zone endings. Especially the ones written by Rod Serling...

I'll likely watch. The show departed so far from the books in season one there is no telling what might happen now. I'm curious to see if Blake Crouch, the books' author, is involved.

Edit: Crouch is still an Executive Producer

Season two starts tonight. I'm reading in a TV Guide article that Crouch and Shyamalan came up with the story for this season together. In fact it says they need one more season after this one to tell the story they have come up with.

I'm behind on a bunch of TV so it may be awhile before I get to this.

Reactions: DWS44

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)