Wayward Pines

The previews for next weeks episode called it the series finale, so I think it's done.

At this point, I wish the whole damn town was reckoned. Ever since we found out what was behind the fence, just about all of the main and secondary characters have become exponentially more irritating. While I'm ecstatic a few people got shot, especially that woman's husband, not enough people went down. I would have reached through the TV screen and strangled the teacher with my bare hands myself if I could. The bizarre clapping in front of the hospital made me hope an escaped abby (or is it abbie) would just gnarl the whole 'first generation' to death. WTF was that even about?

I should have stopped watching at episode 5, but then I wouldn't understand the TV.com reviews of this dreck which rip it apart.

Yes the show was filmed as a stand-alone series. The story has actually veered back to the books again. I'm curious how they have chosen to finish it up next week. But, I'll be surprised if it doesn't return next year. Saw a link to this story a couple days ago: http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/07/most-watched-summer-tv-2015

Of the various 'summer series' Wayward Pines is winning the ratings race. At least the Live + 7 ratings. Just ahead of Under The Dome (which I haven't watched yet). Who knows how the financials work for this sort of thing but I'm guessing Fox will bring it back in some manner. They may already have Blake Crouch working on a sequel.

It was a 10 episode mini-series. It was never planned to have a second season, ever.
According the serial website that gives me emails about renewals and cancellations, Fox would of renewed it for another season if it had better ratings. IF not it would be a small mini series. Like all summer series now it depends on ratings , whether it will continue on next year.

Not too bad an ending. Better, IMO, than the ending of the books series. Also plenty of room for more story telling if they chose to do so.

That ending sucked. Worst ending since Newhart, where they blow away all 7 years as a dream!

I'm supposed to believe 15 grade-school kids took on adults, including trained military in a mountain bunker, and WON?

B.S.!

That ending sucked. Worst ending since Newhart, where they blow away all 7 years as a dream!

I'm supposed to believe 15 grade-school kids took on adults, including trained military in a mountain bunker, and WON?

B.S.!
The adults took out a majority of those "trained" military,& that school bunker was very well stocked with weaponry. I also doubt that that school teacher was killed by the abbies(or however you spell it),I think she hid out somewhere,maybe she used a second secret entrance to the school bunker,then led the kids back to take the mountain. The adults in the mountain no doubt did not see that coming.

Lousy ending. Right back where it started, except now it's Ben instead of Ethan waking up and walking the streets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)