Weather Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lacubs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
Erie, Pa
when you have bad weather can half your channels be out and some be fine? i am very worry because my history

I don't know what your history has to do with it but yes, SD channels are more likely to still be received during bad weather than HD channels. This is particularly true if your dish is misaligned. :cool:

I don't know what your history has to do with it but yes, SD channels are more likely to still be received during bad weather than HD channels. This is particularly true if your dish is misaligned. :cool:

what i mean my "history" about 7 weeks ago they came and found 6in hole in my cable, and they was after about 2yr fighting with with directv

Poor installs, problems from dish alignment, faulty cables, lnbf's etc can cause outages. Rain fade from signal scatter is also a problem. Although many won't admit it since they have learned to accept it as a fact of pizza life. HD will go out before SD due to the fact that ka band is 3 times more susceptible to rain fade attenuation, also the fact that Mpeg 4 needs more signal to produce a picture than Mpeg 2. Even commercial installs of Direct using 1.2 meter dishes will go out although will hang in there a while longer.

It should be noted that TvroPro was speaking about DIRECTV US HD being frail because other services (including DIRECTV LA) don't use Ka so their HD signals are less likely to wimp out.

well, its back now but, i kinda freak out when it happen, i have it in mind they found a 8in hole in my line, so it weather or do i got another hole, and what make it difficult all my wires are outside because we don't have a basement

6" - 8" hole in your line? so it weather or do I get another hole? what does that mean? sorry it is so hard to determine what you are trying to say or ask?

6" - 8" hole in your line? so it weather or do I get another hole? what does that mean? sorry it is so hard to determine what you are trying to say or ask?

it's a long story, but 2 months ago they found a 8in hole in line

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)