Welcome Package Questions

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
Currently I subscribe to America's Top 150 and have Starz free for 1 year. Due to the latest price increase and recently adding a H2H (HITS to Home) subscription on X4 I'm thinking about reducing our Dish Network package to the "Welcome Package" just to keep the wife and daughter happy.

Questions:
1) Would I lose the free Starz for a year? I still would keep paperless billing and autopay.
2) Would I receive some channels still in HD and if not would Charlie want me to return my VIP722 receiver for a non-HD DVR receiver?

Another option would be to switch to the America package, but that would be saving me only $10 a month compared to $30.

Once H2H adds additional channels I'll be saying Goodbye Charlie! ;)

Hello,

I have the Welcome Pack using a 1000 plus dish for the western arc. My receiver is a 222K. I receive the locals in HD and any free preview channels in HD if available. I also have the free Starz promo and receive those channels in HD too. There are only two Starz channels in SD as they are not offered in HD. I own all of the equipment and I am on the flex pay program with paperless billing and auto pay. I had to ask for the Starz promo because it was not automatically offered. Hope this helps.

Gary Dunn
Lind, WA

I apologize guys, my last post was unclear I have now edited it for better clarification. Having the welcome pack will disqualify you from receiving the free Starz if you had it before February 1st. If you drop the programming package down to the welcome pack after receiving the free gift you will not lose it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

I have the Welcome Pack using a 1000 plus dish for the western arc. My receiver is a 222K. I receive the locals in HD and any free preview channels in HD if available. I also have the free Starz promo and receive those channels in HD too. There are only two Starz channels in SD as they are not offered in HD. I own all of the equipment and I am on the flex pay program with paperless billing and auto pay. I had to ask for the Starz promo because it was not automatically offered. Hope this helps.

Gary Dunn
Lind, WA

Thank you very much Gary. This information was very helpful.

FYI...I have had Welcome pak for about 16 months. Called tonight to get the free Starz promo...Got turned down flat. Said I needed at least Top 120 pkg...to qualify...Really tried hard,but no go....

FYI...I have had Welcome pak for about 16 months. Called tonight to get the free Starz promo...Got turned down flat. Said I needed at least Top 120 pkg...to qualify...Really tried hard,but no go....

Call back!! Or chat with a csr on website

FYI...Logged into my account and did a Dish chat..got a guy instead of a gal this time, and hooked me up. No question about it...Cool

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)