Welcome to the Uplink Center!

We think instead of seperate uplink discussion threads to just discuss things in the uplink thread itself for that day. :)

This makes things easier for everyone.

A whole process was gone through to slowly evolve it into having:

- One Activity Report per week

and

- One Activity Discussion Thread per week

based on months of trial and error and discussion.

Also, by having it in the Dish Network Forum, then you could also at the same time check for other developments (legal cases, new receiver updates, etc.).

All this does is create another Forum to have to check, and in that Forum, you have to click on a half dozen different threads. You even lose the last-post-read feature, because it starts a new thread. So, you still have to check the old read for new posts, and then read the new report thread.

I realize this is a large amount of work to create this, but from the standpoint of the user:

- The exact same uplink data
- The exact same discussion ( or less discussion, because people may not bother when it is no longer in the Forum of their provider)
- More work and time to read it

as currently setup.

It seems likely to me that the above changes have nothing to do with the software, because it should be able to post its messages anywhere. Rather they seem to be executive decisions, for self-promotion.

Much like when E* adds a channel that helps them financially, rather than one the users have been asking for...

A whole process was gone through to slowly evolve it into having:...

Just subscribe to the new uplink forum with instant email notification. That way you won't have to keep checking the forum for the uplink report. When a new thread (new uplink) pops up you will get an email.

I wish we could pull something like that off for DirecTV.
We use to do it with DirecTV but there was a lot of inaccurate data, plus for DirecTV we needed to actually point at each DirecTV satellite, as the data is different on each satellite. For Dish they send all data for all satellites on all satellites.

Give us time and we will get everything tweaked and working smoothly. I brought the first initial tests online only 3-4 days ago. I worked hard on the final changes over the weekend in order to make the Wednesday uplink report and unveil this for everyone. With the assistance of Qwert1515, we will soon have automated updates to the subscription side of TheList. If you haven't checked out TheList please do so. You can instantly see exactly where every channel is listed on DishNetwork by all satellites or even drill down to specific satellites. You can also sort by transponder and on each satellite to quickly see the load per transponder. Subscription services - The List (CLICK HERE)

It's only going to get better! Stay tuned.

If you aren't a Pub Member take a moment and sign up, it's only $20 and helps us keep the lights on and bring new features and news to your fingertips. Click here for more details.

Thanks everyone!

Just subscribe to the new uplink forum with instant email notification. That way you won't have to keep checking the forum for the uplink report. When a new thread (new uplink) pops up you will get an email.

Great - I get an email everytime that ESPN-Alternate moves from Transponder 8 to 27 and then another email when it moves back to 27 from 8. :rolleyes:

What do uplink junkies do with all this info TalonDancer?
Well this uplink junkie scans the left hand column of the list for the call letters of the Austin HD locals and possible new HD channels (e.g. SciFi HD) hoping against hope that they even appear in the uplink list and the line ends in "[available]":D

Other than that I enjoy reading the rampant speculation, err.... clear headed analysis, of what it all means :rolleyes:

Talon Dancer

Well this uplink junkie scans the left hand column of the list for the call letters of the Austin HD locals and possible new HD channels (e.g. SciFi HD) hoping against hope that they even appear in the uplink list and the line ends in "[available]":D

Other than that I enjoy reading the rampant speculation, err.... clear headed analysis, of what it all means :rolleyes:

Talon Dancer

OK, got it, thanks. Looking for HD Speed Channel myself.

Today has been an odd day, Looks like Dish has had 5 uplinks in the last 24 hours. Normally there are only 2 or 3 uplinks a week.

Please let us know if you want us to list the daily sport moves or if we should filter them out.

Scott,

I'm not getting instant email updates when a new thread is posted in the forum. Is that working yet??

I don't post comments all that often anymore (I just lurk and read a lot) but I have to say great job , thanks for all the hard work that you put into this.

I will check into it when I get home.

I did not have time to test it out but other sites have said the modification works, so I assumed it worked here.

Any way to change the default sorting for just this forum to sort by first post time? That way they stay in order and not jump around as people make comments. Yes I realize there is a time stamp in the title.

Any way to change the default sorting for just this forum to sort by first post time? That way they stay in order and not jump around as people make comments. Yes I realize there is a time stamp in the title.
You ask, you get.

Change made thanks for the suggestion. :)

Still working on the instant notification thing. :)