Well I give up...moving back" home"

Status
Please reply by conversation.
last night I flipped on 660 & 661 just to see
660 had a replay of the cavs game and got blacked out message
661 had other programming and the 721 message

once the cavs game got over 660 went to 721 message

Somethings not right there.
You should be getting at least the shows if your paying for the Sports Pack.

Jimbo you're not following

I had a 1 month trial of the sports pack to run from Feb 5th to March 4th
Feb 28th they switched me to the new choice digital bulk (MDU) pack because I moved

I posted this on the 28th too (post 29)
The day they changed my package over I noticed a couple channels were grey in the guide and when I selected them I get a 721 message. But some channels in the sports pack I still get. Looks like the non RSN's I lost but all the other RSN's still work. Did a reauth online and same thing.

Channels in sports pack I dont get anymore
602 TVG
606 Outdoor
614 ESPN Classic
620 BeIn
625 USN
the 3 FCS channels (608,626,623)

Yet all the other RSN's work.....hmmm maybe a glitch and that package (MDU package) they just put all the different RSN's in since MDU's are usually acorss the country? I am blacked out on pro sports (except for 668 my local RSN)

and I still have all the RSN's except 660 & 661. Technically I should only get 668 (FS North), 669 (FS Wisco) and when they need it the alt channels. (for FS North plus)
So it probably has to do with the package. Since its a bulk package I assume they (D*) use one code in their system for the MDU rate regardless of location.

I don't pay for the sports pack so I'm not worried if I dont get those 2 RSN's...but its weird that I don't get FS Ohio but I do get Sportstime Ohio

Well I figured out the RSN thingy (and this is really weird)
on all RSN's except 668 & 669 (the 2 I normally would get) the SD version is blacked out (721 message) but the HD version is fine. Noticed it today when FSN SD went live 24/7. 694 (SD) not subscribed. 694-1 is fine. So I turned on all the channels (unhid the SD ones) and on all RSN's except for 668 & 669 I get the 721 message. The HD works fine

Since 660 & 661 are only in HD on game time (and I'd be blacked out) thats why I get the 721 on 660 & 661 (they're SD only)

Well, maybe you can peek around the corner :) I'm curious about the cabinets, too. Check and see if the lock uses a CH751 key, they are easy to come by. That is all I have. E_V

yeah its not a headend. Its a bunch of SWM32's, SWM8's and splitters :)
Each apartment has their own receiver

in 2011 i decided to "move" my slimline 5 swm dtv system on my own . i hAD EVERYTHING ALIGNED , connected just like they did on prev dtv install everything except the swm splitter off my old home . and NOTHING would work !! i was getting a error code for bad/faulty swm .. ended up paying tech 50.00 to come out and watched him remove my 4 way and install a swm 4 way splitter (specific to swm dish's for some reason ) and waa laa !! i got error codes for 2 days for voltage / bad swm / no signal over the "splitter" !!! lol

If they were all in one location, it would still be called a headend. L-Band, SMATV, QAM, doesn't matter. If they are in boxes at each building, they're just referred to as "lock boxes".

I guess my definition of headend is different. A headend to me is one centralized location where everything comes in and goes out from there. Here at the apartment complex there are various boxes downstairs in the underground parking spot because the complex is pretty big. As example there are 3 lockes cabinets in one area and next to it are the cables to come to some of the apartments in the complex (maybe 25 or so)....a couple hundred feet down the garage is another couple boxes that more apartments are hooked to. and so on. I guess I'm lucky as my cabinet is right next to the one that the cables come in from the roof...so its not as far for the signal to travel ;)

well we ran into some issues and hopefully they are fixed

12 days ago (on a friday) I saw the "installer" in the building for someone else. That night I came home and the receiver was on and had rebooted. I had to reboot it 3 times to make it work. Turned it off and 3 hours later it was back on and rebooted. Saturday I unplugged it because there were issues and I was going out of town. Sunday night I had to reboot it like 10 times because it kept losing signal. Opened a trouble ticket but they couldnt come til Thursday (last Thursday)....fine whatever. This isnt D*...its a 3rd party
Receiver works fine for 4 days...thursday they come out and I talked to the guy and said it has to be the switch in the basement because its doing the same thing when I first moved in (and just hooked up.....) I think they hooked someone else to my SWM8 switch. They check in the apartment and the guy says "oh here is your issue. The shielding of the cable is touching the middle connector". I told him I had made that cable and had been making cables for years and if it was touching wouldnt it not work at all? ;)

They replaced the cable, the barrel connector and the end of the cable on the backside of the plate and left. They never checked the basement.
4 days later.....on cue......signal gone and takes 4 reboots to fix. Open new ticket and they say Friday....hour later dispatch calls and says they'll be here tomorrow (today) because they were already gonna be here (no sh*t....lots of folks are having issues)

Guy comes today (SAME GUY!!) and he is in the basement. He puts a new end on the cable down there, switches barrel and new cable to "locked boxes". Then he opens the box
HO-LEE F**K

in there is a amplifier and something I've never seen before
1274116938S5x8AGC.jpg

and a bunch of SWM8's....

There are 3 cabinets in that area so I assume its duplicated in there too. We verified only my cable is on the SWM8 and he even tagged it with "Genie" on the cable. He also put an amp on there too for me only. He thinks the long run (4 floors) coupled with the genie is making it drop the signal

And like a dumbass I forget to take a picture :(

But its fixed....for now....we'll see in 4 days if it craps out. The guy doesnt know what else to replace as he has replaced
the switch
the cable from the switch to the open box
the ends
the barrel connector downstairs
the barrel upstairs in the wallplate
the end of the cable there
the cable from receiver to wall plate

side note...alot of tenants are mad because we keep having issues and they have to be here 2 or 3 days a week fixing issues. Even though its "free" we still are paying it in our rent and we arent getting the service we should.

Ice, as you know, I'm also in an MDU serviced by a third party. I had problems like yours for over a year, off and on. Every time they said it was the power supply, which is not in my apartment. It's in the closet in the hall on my floor. They replaced it (or claimed they did) at least a half dozen times before the problems went away. All would be well for a while...sometimes weeks, sometimes only days. I eventually stopped calling the third party and started calling D. I think they finally got it fixed.

I know very little about how this stuff works. Just noticed you didn't mention the power supply. (Or i missed that part) Maybe yours is in your apartment? I wish you well in getting it properly fixed.

power supplies are in that locked cabinet actually....saw it for myself

Its worked fine for 2 months after they put in the SWM8 for me (instead of tapping into someone elses) until 10 days ago.....then it was back to the "work 4 days then crap out"....I noticed after the guy left there are cables in pairs that they use to hook to the SWM8's...the 2nd cable for my setup is tied off and the end hacked off...hopefully the other "techs" get the point not to mess with it

I also heard that we were the "pilot" complex (the company owns like 100 complexes) for this (the other complexes have free cable).......so far not so good

Status
Please reply by conversation.