What 80's songs do you want to hear??

OrlandoSGM

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 27, 2008
Orlando, FL
I've been having fun hosting the shows on Satellite Guys Radio and like you have noticed that there isn't enough variety of artists and songs. I have a fairly extensive library of 80's (and 70's when we get to that!) music and would like to know what songs you would like added to the playlists. If you could let me know both the artist and the song name, I will put together some of those songs and FTP them over to Scott to add to the library. Give us a few days to read the songs names, then create the correct file type, FTP them and then for Scott to do his magic in getting them added. Thanks...and let me know what you think of my shows!

Since it has to be 80's music, let's play 80's songs from the 60's and 70's era bands. That should give us some choices with a different sound to them.

Somehow we got to get some Pink Floyd in there ;)

It sounds funny...

Not enough variety.

The 80s Time Machine has over 1,000 songs it it which I hear is a bigger rotation then what the 80s channel on SiriusXM has which I heard was around 560 songs.

Yup the 80's had a lot of good songs and a lot of stinkers too. I say oh no when Barbra Streisand, Lou Rawls and a a few others.

With Orlando's show I have set it up so the music is lighter and quieter and then it ramps up from there with his last hour containing more rock music over soft music all while keeping the music workplace friendly so folks can listen all day at work.

The majority of our listeners are NOT SatelliteGuys members, many are coming in through TuneIn and iTunes.

Already in the past week we have had people join SatelliteGuys because of SatelliteGuys Radio, one even becoming a pub member because he likes the channel so much!

While the playlists are automatically generated based on rules I have set indeed some songs do play too much and I am tweaking things as we go, but because playlists are generated 3 days in advance it could take 3 days before the change I have made takes effect.

After the first full week I am amazed at the numbers!

Thank you for listening and for enjoying SatelliteGuys Radio.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

It sounds funny...

Not enough variety.

The 80s Time Machine has over 1,000 songs it it which I hear is a bigger rotation then what the 80s channel on SiriusXM has which I heard was around 560 songs.

Yup the 80's had a lot of good songs and a lot of stinkers too. I say oh no when Barbra Streisand, Lou Rawls and a a few others.

With Orlando's show I have set it up so the music is lighter and quieter and then it ramps up from there with his last hour containing more rock music over soft music all while keeping the music workplace friendly so folks can listen all day at work.

The majority of our listeners are NOT SatelliteGuys members, many are coming in through TuneIn and iTunes.

Already in the past week we have had people join SatelliteGuys because of SatelliteGuys Radio, one even becoming a pub member because he likes the channel so much!

While the playlists are automatically generated based on rules I have set indeed some songs do play too much and I am tweaking things as we go, but because playlists are generated 3 days in advance it could take 3 days before the change I have made takes effect.

After the first full week I am amazed at the numbers!

Thank you for listening and for enjoying SatelliteGuys Radio.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I once worked at a place where they played some pretty awful stuff, they didn't want people on top the tables rockin out, was what I was told. lmao!

Moody Blues are always good. Fleetwood Mac is nice (though their 80's stuff doesn't compare to the pre-Stevie Nicks days). Maybe for some goofiness, B-52's? Rock Lobster!

Man the 80's were rocking!Plenty of AC/DC,Van Halen,Def Leppard,Kiss,Foreigner,GnR.I could go on for days.

Steely Dan/Donald Fagan (From "Goucho" and later) , Paul Simon ("Graceland" and beyond - more than just "call me al"), ZZ Top had a CRAPLOAD of more and better songs than "Sharp-dressed man", Kansas, Pixies, AC/DC had a ton more songs than "All night long", The Cure, New Order, George Benson are suggestions just off the top of my head.

Steely Dan/Donald Fagan (From "Goucho" and later) , Paul Simon ("Graceland" and beyond - more than just "call me al"), ZZ Top had a CRAPLOAD of more and better songs than "Sharp-dressed man", Kansas, Pixies, AC/DC had a ton more songs than "All night long", The Cure, New Order, George Benson are suggestions just off the top of my head.

Man I am officially ashamed,I completely forgot ZZ-Top,and that's one of my favorite bands.Kansas another good choice as are the others.

There are a lot of rock bands out there that could be added like the ones TNGTony added plus a few more songs from the Boston album that you had Amanda on plus Tesla ,Sammy Hagar Queensryche Ozzy Dio,Poison,Judas Priest Motley Crue Kiss Steve Vai Joe Satriani Scorpions Van Halen Autograph Faith No More Steel Heart Dream Theater Yngwie Maslmsteen Metallica Damn Yankees Kix More songs from Ratt George Thorogood Bon Jovi Night Ranger Los Lonely Boys and a lot of 80's hair metal bands and 70's classic rock Like The Beatles and solo stuff from the Beatles Led Zeppelin Eagles Jeff Beck Ted Nugent Jethro Tull More songs from Boston Santana Lynyrd Skynyrd Steve Miller Eric Clapton more songs from Stevie Ray Vaughn Neil Young Joe Cocker Reggae Bob Marley and many more I could mention !! :) :)

Last edited:
Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, The Cure,Tears for Fears, New Order, David Bowie, UltraVox, Alphaville, General Public
The Smiths, Joe Jackson, Berlin, Thompson Twins, Nik Kershaw, Big Country, U2.....

Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, The Cure,Tears for Fears, New Order, David Bowie, UltraVox, Alphaville, General Public
The Smiths, Joe Jackson, Berlin, Thompson Twins, Nik Kershaw, Big Country, U2.....
Shameless plug: You'll hear some from these artists on my alternative classics, during my show The Alternative Monday nights at 8pm eastern! :D

The 80s albums released by Metallica, Slayer and MegaDeth. And also some Blizzard of Oz and Bark at the Moon too. It's 80s music at its beast! :)

Chances are those won't play during the work day, however we do have openings at night if you want to host your own show. :D

The 80s albums released by Metallica, Slayer and MegaDeth. And also some Blizzard of Oz and Bark at the Moon too. It's 80s music at its beast! :)

Wasn't into Slayer and Megadeath,but I agree with Metallica and Ozzy.

People always seem to relate the 80's music to new wave and pop,for me it was definitely more about the rock and hard rock.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts