What 80's songs do you want to hear??

Chances are those won't play during the work day, however we do have openings at night if you want to host your own show. :D

Oh come on Scott,you mean to tell me you can't play Enter Sandman,If I close my eyes forever,or Bark at the Moon,during the day?;)

What is your target audience, office/waiting room friendly? I know those types of places are scared of real music.

The same was said about The Beatles back when mainstream folks were listening to Lawrence Welk play his Champagne Music. Now we're listening to Revolution by the Beatles and Baba O'Riley by The Who...and even Sweet Child 'O Mine. Go figure!

Yes during the day the target is in peoples offices.

As I said most people listening to SatelliteGuys radio never heard of SatelliteGuys, they are coming in because of the music we are playing because of sites like TuneIn, iTunes and Windows Media.

When a more hair band song plays such as Wait by White Lion, or a song by Whitesnake comes on we lose about 25% of the listeners. Not sure why that is. In the evening though this is not the case.

The thing that freaks me out is the most popular thing we air is the love songs feature at night, the audience for that keeps growing and growing.

As long as the TLH (total listener hours) keeps growing I am all for it. Once we hit 15,000 TLH in a month we can start having ads at the end of each hour so we can start paying for this stuff. With the big thing being the royalties.

So artists like Donald Fagan/Steely Dan, George Benson, Bill Withers, Joe Jackson play well in the office set. :) I really wanted to hear stuff from Nightfly and Goucho last week :)

Yes during the day the target is in peoples offices.

As I said most people listening to SatelliteGuys radio never heard of SatelliteGuys, they are coming in because of the music we are playing because of sites like TuneIn, iTunes and Windows Media.

When a more hair band song plays such as Wait by White Lion, or a song by Whitesnake comes on we lose about 25% of the listeners. Not sure why that is. In the evening though this is not the case.

The thing that freaks me out is the most popular thing we air is the love songs feature at night, the audience for that keeps growing and growing.

As long as the TLH (total listener hours) keeps growing I am all for it. Once we hit 15,000 TLH in a month we can start having ads at the end of each hour so we can start paying for this stuff. With the big thing being the royalties.

That's real interesting. I don't much care for white lion, or whitesnake, hair band songs are not created equally with greatness.

I'll probably be in the minority, but some of the 80's era country would be cool to hear in the mix...even if just limited to the ones that had pop success if you don't want the real twangy stuff. I hear Kenny & Dolly occasionally, but not much else along those lines. Maybe some Alabama, Eddie Rabbitt, Ronnie Milsap, etc.

I think Oak Ridge Boys and Eddie Rabbit are in there.....I believe that I've played them, in fact Elvira many times! :) I'll see what else I have!

Orlando went hardcore the other day,he was playing Ratt round and round.:D

Hardcore again today!AC/DC was playing.Time to play some Judas Priest,Living after midnight is a clean song.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)