What are my chances of getting a Dish technician to setup my LNB with all three cables...?

sofakng

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
I'm moving to a new house and will be using "Dish Mover" to have Dish Network installed at my new house.

At my existing house, I'm on the Eastern Arc (1000.4 LNBF) but only have one Hopper so am only using 2 out of 3 LNB RG6 feeds. At my new house, I'll still only be using one Hopper, but in case I ever want more, I do NOT want to have to climb on the roof to connect the third LNB RG6 and setup a DPP44.

What are my chances of having the Dish technician run all three RG6 lines from the LNB into my basement and just capping the unused line?

This will let me self-install a DPP44 switch and any future hardware, etc.

Yes ask before he starts, so he can do it all at the same time. If all 3 are going to the same location then its just as easy to run 3 as it is to run 2.

Well, I wouldn't say that. The only cable I've seen on Dish trucks is dual w/messenger.

My last HD install with a 1000.2 dish, the installer did two lines out nicely terminated where needed without any asking. Should have tipped him in retrospect...

If he is a contractor like I used to be, keep in mind he pays for all his own consumable parts including cable so the extra line will be coming out of his own pocket. If he is a Dish hourly employee he will probably just do it for free. Either way at least a $20.00 tip would be a nice gesture.

No EA will require a 1000.4 as 1000.2 is 110/119/129 so 9 & 10 degrees apart, 1000.4 is 61.5, 72 and 77. so 10.5 & 5 degrees apart.

I'm moving to a new house and will be using "Dish Mover" to have Dish Network installed at my new house.

At my existing house, I'm on the Eastern Arc (1000.4 LNBF) but only have one Hopper so am only using 2 out of 3 LNB RG6 feeds. At my new house, I'll still only be using one Hopper, but in case I ever want more, I do NOT want to have to climb on the roof to connect the third LNB RG6 and setup a DPP44.

What are my chances of having the Dish technician run all three RG6 lines from the LNB into my basement and just capping the unused line?

This will let me self-install a DPP44 switch and any future hardware, etc.

You only need to swap the solo node for a duo node for two hoppers, no switch required. Internal techs use dual messenger on every install and will most likely run a third line if you ask.

No EA will require a 1000.4 as 1000.2 is 110/119/129 so 9 & 10 degrees apart, 1000.4 is 61.5, 72 and 77. so 10.5 & 5 degrees apart.

Actually the 1000.2EA dish is what is being installed for most EA customers at this time. It gets 61.5 and 72 and does a great job.

All you need to do is zip-tie a single line to the dual messenger real nicely, add another ground block, and call it a day!

Neither of which were on the last Dish truck that came to my house. The other annoyance was the sole use of black coax; no other colors were there either.

Hmmm. Haven't seen much demand for colored coax. And I only recall seeing black, white and beige- and have heard of blue. You wanted some particular color to blend in?

How large would the truck have to be to carry multiple colors of coax?

My house rooftop is grey, and my dish and mast are grey. So I wanted grey cables, and I got grey... By handing them to my installer! The grey dish and cables and rooftop blend in nicely against our Virginia skies which are often grey.

When I first bought this house, the outside was draped with ugly black cables going every which way. Don't know if DirecTV or Cox (or Media General before them) was responsible, but it looked atrocious. One of my first projects was to remove all the external cables, except for my nice grey ;) cables, and fed them into the attic, drilled holes and fished cable down the my basement, and all around to my equipment. I don't think anybody fishes cables, especially through walls, without a sizable extra investment.

When I first bought this house, the outside was draped with ugly black cables going every which way.

no way I would tolerate that either, as it is lame.....don't even like ground blocks outside.......so many houses are wrapped with falling off coax it makes me sick....guess some people don't give a f.....I fish everything, even if I could drill the floor from the basement, I like a nice wall plate for everything....

This is going to depend on the installer. Its the same thing as asking an installer to run a mirror to another TV in a home that is pre-wired. If its not on the work order, they don't get paid to do it, and the installer generally won't do it.

As a national sales partner for Dish who wrote thousands of work orders for new installs, we could never promise the customer something beyond the work order even for something as simple as hooking up a DVD player. When the extra work was promised, it never got done and we then had the customer screaming at us on the phone after the technician left.

You can always ask, just be prepared to tip him when he is done.

I used to run the extra cables off the Dish to the ground block when I was a technician because customers where always thinking of adding other receivers and I wanted to make the job easier when I came back. When very few customers would call me back, I figured I should save the money and time and run only 1 cable.

As far as running the extra cable, you just use tie straps to attatch the extra cables coming down the house from the Dish and you will be ok.

To ansewer the cable issue. The installers generally carry black cable, and on occasion they will have a roll of white cable. The only other color you can easily get is a cream colored cable that looks almost like its pink.

Grey, cream, and blue cable and generally hard to get and needs to be special ordered.

The one that cam her to install was a car with a carrier on top for the ladder. Not much room for more than the Hopper and Joey since they knew I did not need any cable runs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts