What is a good signal meter reading for the 625 receiver??

nycyanks07

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
The signal strength on channels 100 and above are in the 50's and 60's while my local channels are in the high 90's and 100's.

Why the discrepancy between local and satellite channels??

With the modified signal meter I'd say upper 60's to low 80's based on the satellite and transponder, on a clear day of course.

50's seem a bit low.

There has been some strong winds the last few days in my area. I checked the bolts on the dish and every one of them is really tight. It doesn't look like my dish has moved.

You need to tell us the strength of transponder or spotbeam 11 on satellite 119 & 110. THese are the ones used to gauge strength because they cover the whole country. Your local channels are on spot beams for just your area they will show different strength.

You need to tell us the strength of transponder or spotbeam 11 on satellite 119 & 110. THese are the ones used to gauge strength because they cover the whole country. Your local channels are on spot beams for just your area they will show different strength.

57 on transponder 11 sat 119

50 on transponder 11 sat 110

Maybe the modified signal meter was reduced by 40. Maybe the 57 means 97 etc. I have never lost signal and the dish doesn't look like it has moved. ( bolts are really tight)

I am just curious why my readings seem low. When I checked my signal strength a couple months ago they were in the 90's.

Do you see a flashing yellow message on your Point Dish screen that says the Signal Meter has been modified and that you should select Help for details? ;)

Do you see a flashing yellow message on your Point Dish screen that says the Signal Meter has been modified and that you should select Help for details? ;)

Yes I do but it doesn't tell you by how much it has been changed. That flashing message has been there for months and I have never had such low signal strength reading.

Do they change the signal strength frequently??

As of today :

119 TP 11: 57

110 TP 11: 47

The meter shows anything below 11 as no signal. Earlier today I lost signal for the Documentary Channel for a couple minutes. When the signal returned I checked it and it was at 11. ( now the signal is at 25)

Winds have been really bad here( southern california) and I think the Dish may have been moved by a hairline. I have the protection plan but I don't think I am going to call Dish until it gives me problems. I am currently getting reception on all the channels and I don't want to spend 30 bucks for them to realign the dish if it is not necessary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)