What is wrong with this picture?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Titansfan

Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Cali
Need a little help in figuring this out. I have a Dish network satellitte dish with a single eye lnb mounted on a house where I have parked my RV in Santa Cruz, Ca for a while.I subscribe to DirectTV now and brought one of the receivers with me from TN ( it is a two receiver system ) and am trying to use it with the Dish network satellite and lnb. (I was told it should work) I purchased a Triplett satellite signal finder and have tried to align the dish with it and a compass but no luck. When I have it connected I get alternating signals to the 13V and then the 18V lights and it squeals and sometimes it sounds like it is ticking. I think this is normal but I am not sure. I have tried to adjust the dish to the 110 satellite with an azimuth of 160.8 and elev of 44.9 but the dish also has a skew adjustment which I am not sure if I need to use it to achieve a better signal or not. Do I adjust the dish when the 13V light is on or when the 18V light is on? The TV says that the receiver is searching for a satellite signal but it does not connect. Should I wait longer for it to connect? I have had it connected and in the same alignment for 5-10 minutes and it continues to search. Also see that the lnb has 119 stamped on it so I guess it was pointed at 119 degrees? Any thoughts?

FOR DIRECTV

If you want to get the directv signal it has to be on the 101 satellite, and I'm not sure if that dish network lnb will work for directv. Anyone out there know if you can use the dish network lnb for directv?

If this is a legacy dish network lnb this will work. If it is a dishpro lnb it will not work. To find the signal, use your directv menues to find the right azimuth an elevation for an 18" dish at 101. You will need to enter the zip code for your location. Once you have those numbers, then go into the signal meters on the dtv box and set the meter to satellite 101 transponder 30. Your hand held meter should now stay steady at 18 volts. Set your elevation on the dish at the value you got in the first step. Set the skew on the dish 500 to 90 degrees, straight up and down. Move the dish slowly east to west in the general azimuth location until you find the signal. Find the peak signal and lock down the azimuth. Then you can adjust the elevation for peak signal. At that point you should be good to go.

Hope this helps.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fox Soccer HD: August 11th!

What is Direct TV HD extra pack??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)