Please reply by conversation.

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
This past Friday evening LOTS of my equipment was struck by lightining. Among the several devices that were destroyed, was my Manhattan RS1933. I am starting this thread to get advice on what would be a good replacement for it. I have tried an AZ Box Premier in the past but I found it slow and cumbersome to program. I also tried a Micro HD, but the problem that I had with it is when I would have it plugged into my Onkyo receiver, and leave it in standby mode, it would always default to it (the MicroHD) on the ARC, rather than DirecTV which is always active and what I watch most of the time. I dont know if this was a problem with the Mircro HD or my Onkyo reciever (that is now inoperable, which I plan to replace with a Denon).
How is the AZ Box Mini Me? Or are there others out now that are worth trying. I will apprecaite your comments.
Thanks

Don't know much about the "new" stuff out there but I've got two Openbox S9 receivers and I LOVE'EM! Use them all the time. I've also got two AZ Boxes (Elite & Ultra) that just sit on the shelf and collect dust!

To be honest, if I had to buy another receiver I'd first look to see if any S9s were available before ever considering a newer model receiver. I just hate the learning curve that seems to come with any new stuff.

Azbox minime no I have one and are stop need more updates and takes to long to do one update.Nice box but need updates and for now no updates very bed support.Dr.hd receivers from europe like f15 f16 and Icecrypt receiver on the ebay triple tuner $159 etc to many good receivers from $150 to $300 hd

An new firmware update for the AzBox miniMe American edition is coming within the next few days which will include a substantial amount of improvements.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

I have an Azbox minime with Openpli mod OAM2 firmware on it. Works great and records to my network share even at high bit rate 4:2:2. Everything just works fine. Also have a microhd in the bedroom but the azbox gets more use in the living room.

have 7 s9's and only use them for scanning never on for more than a couple of hours due to not wanting or able to repair the poor caps in them.
have a 9500 pansat not the newest but not fearful of using it, and it works very well. my 2 az's are going 24/7 sending it's channel thru out the house by modulators.
good luck

a little off topic

have 7 s9's and only use them for scanning never on for more than a couple of hours due to not wanting or able to repair the poor caps in them.
You have 'em all scan (separate dishes) at once?
Incredible idea! :up

The repairs can't be difficult.
Not if it's just replacing bad capacitors.
I think I might do that to them all and be done with it. ;)

have a 9500 pansat not the newest but not fearful of using it, and it works very well. my 2 az's are going 24/7 sending it's channel thru out the house by modulators.
good luck

Thats sooo crazy and sick pal.. impressed :thumbup:

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Bobvick:

Buy what u think is right for you.. and not what others tell you to buy just because they are vendors or authorized dealers.

Many good choices out there with all kind of prices to fit your budget.

Like mentioned here.. Openbox S9's are always good

Openbox s10 not so much but they work.

Azbox are pricey but well worth the $$$ cause they can do 4:2:2

MicroHD is also good.. but is a dumb receiver so I've heard.

I have the following and happy with all.

Azbox elite hd
Openbox s9 and s10
X2 HD
Prof USB
microhd

You have 'em all scan (separate dishes) at once?
yes
why you think all that stuff in the Sig below is for for ? :eureka:

The repairs can't be difficult.
Not if it's just replacing bad capacitors.
I think I might do that to them all and be done with it. ;)
not a solder
plus they have the worse pic Q of all boxes ever owned for HD, that's on 62 & 73'' screens every flaw is seen.

Where is a good place to get the AZBox mini me? I might try one of those. I know that the AZ Box Premium (I think that is what it was called) that I had seemed to have a sensitive tuner in it. I always liked that about it.

Where is a good place to get the AZBox mini me? I might try one of those. I know that the AZ Box Premium (I think that is what it was called) that I had seemed to have a sensitive tuner in it. I always liked that about it.

Seen them on ebay

I guess Dr.Sat out of Ontario would be good. Looks like they are a AZ Box Canada authorized dealer.

If you want to avoid customs and brokerage fees, a US based distributor of AZ Box is Ricks Satellite - gofastmotorsports.com

I decided to try a AZ Box Mini Me, I looked at Rick Caylor's website, I have ordered from him before, but I seen that he didn't have the Mini Me, only the Me, and from reading about the Me I didn't think I would be interested in it. I ordered from Dr.Sat on EBay. Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions.

I decided to try a AZ Box Mini Me, I looked at Rick Caylor's website, I have ordered from him before, but I seen that he didn't have the Mini Me, only the Me, and from reading about the Me I didn't think I would be interested in it. I ordered from Dr.Sat on EBay. Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions.

good job on that.. you make your own choices as most should do here. Have fun with that new toy of yours.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)