Status
Please reply by conversation.

scots

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 5, 2006
Raleigh, NC
I bought a new house about a month ago and it has AT&T gigabit fiber internet, so I cut the cord and just do streaming and OTA antenna now. DIRECTV has received their equipment back, and I'm not missing the big bill from them. I have an AM21 left over. I can't do anything with it now without the other DIRECTV equipment, can I?

I used to sell stuff on eBay all the time, but I got to a point where I absolutely hated it. I'd rather just throw it in the trash than deal with eBay. LOL

You guys beat me to it! LOL....I would love to have one, but its real worth sure aint no $100, to $150 to me!

You guys beat me to it! LOL....I would love to have one, but its real worth sure aint no $100, to $150 to me!
Exactly ... seeing they are (were) $50 new.

I haven't kept up on the HS17 stuff entirely, does an OTA unit work with that set up ?

Exactly ... seeing they are (were) $50 new.

I haven't kept up on the HS17 stuff entirely, does an OTA unit work with that set up ?
Thought I read over at edgecutter it will NOT work on the HS17.....and as soon as thats available here, thats were my upgrade is going...

Thought I read over at edgecutter it will NOT work on the HS17.....and as soon as thats available here, thats were my upgrade is going...
Personally, I'm staying away from the HS17 .... I have 3 HR24s and have no desire to retire them and no desire for Clients either.
From what I've heard, you can't have both .... a very bad move in my opinion.

Reactions: AZ.

Correct, the HS17 doesnt support the AM21. There is a dongle in the works that does the same thing, but that's light years away at this point.

I understand the Dish single tuner USB OTA adapter, also out of manufacturing, is also selling at a premium over its new price. A dual tuner version came out, in limited supply, and possibly with problems.

So used doesn't automatically mean cheaper. It's worth EXACTLY what someone is willing to pay for it.

Scarcity.

And remember: The more you pay, the more it's worth!
;)

What they could do if they so desired, in the case of stations being pulled is either give you a city close to you that is not affected, or turn on a Conus local for you ( would be NY or LA..... while the dispute is happneing ... (I think Denver use to be that way as well m wish they still were, now that I think about it I think the Denver was C-Band).
Now I don't see them doing either, but they could.

What they could do if they so desired, in the case of stations being pulled is either give you a city close to you that is not affected, or turn on a Conus local for you ( would be NY or LA..... while the dispute is happneing ...

And you're POSITIVE there's no, uh, rules or regulations that are preventing D*...or ANY other satellite or cable/IPTV provider from doing this sort of thing...REALLY???

You REALLY don't think they & EVERY other TV provider would be doing this long by now, if (LEGALLY) they could???

Definitely sell it. There are people looking for them. I got mine when I signed up for Directv, for free, and have loved it since. I wish it was better but it's better than nothing. Having MeTV, a local PBS+ station in HD, a local HD CW D* doesn't carry at all, Create, MHz Worldview, etc on the guide is very handy. I hope to be able to do this forever with Directv.

And you're POSITIVE there's no, uh, rules or regulations that are preventing D*...or ANY other satellite or cable/IPTV provider from doing this sort of thing...REALLY???

You REALLY don't think they & EVERY other TV provider would be doing this long by now, if (LEGALLY) they could???
Some have from time to time, so it can be done.
The rules that are in effect are very old and should be addressed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts