What we are hearing...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
MPEG is just a compression scheme and not a part of the originators broadcasts,so how they originate is of no concern; your DBS company adds the compression methodology to retrans to us.. BUT there is a big thread discussing NFL leaving MPEG2 or not elsewhere; basic guess/rumor sum-up might be 50/50 in 2008 and likely in 2009.
Well.. if they're supposed to go to all MPEG4, what use would it be for D* to keep their biggest bandwidth hogs in the worst compression scheme? That reminds me of when back at my old job (the one I quit for reasons you'll soon see) they had their test server using SQL 2000, and their main server (the one that the tested stuff got deployed on) on SQL 7.

Well for what it's worth the Directv Online Guide, channel 77, changes from "Are you High Definition Ready?" to "HD Channel Guide" at 5am Central time Saturday the 29th.

So given there are 4 million other rumors out there here is one more to ponder.

HD start....Saturday the 29th at 5am Central time. :hungry:

Well for what it's worth the Directv Online Guide, channel 77, changes from "Are you High Definition Ready?" to "HD Channel Guide" at 5am Central time Saturday the 29th.

So given there are 4 million other rumors out there here is one more to ponder.

HD start....Saturday the 29th at 5am Central time. :hungry:
While that would be kinda cool considering the 29th is my birthday.. I'd rather have it be earlier. Lord knows I'm not going to spend my B-day admiring the new HD.

Stil hearing Wednesday. (In fact most of my contacts are now saying Wednesday) plus a new "internal document" also is now saying it's Wednesday.

Keep your fingers crossed. :D

Stil hearing Wednesday. (In fact most of my contacts are now saying Wednesday) plus a new "internal document" also is now saying it's Wednesday.

This is one case that I would love to be called wrong! :p

Thanks Scott.

We've seen where the "Internal Documents"got us last Time., NO HD on the 19th. Lets just wait and see and forget about the dates,because so far no date has been correct.

We've seen where the "Internal Documents"got us last Time., NO HD on the 19th. Lets just wait and see and forget about the dates,because so far no date has been correct.
Yeah well that was from an unforeseen error. I'd like to think a week was long enough to get it resolved.

I'm hoping YOUR sources are more reliable than MINE are... I called today to see what the extra HD programming would cost me (those not currently in my package) and while I had the CSR on the line, I figured I would ask if he had any insight into the new rollout, and he told me Oct. 17th :( I'm so tired of getting the runaround... lol.

October 19th was indeed the release date, it wasn't until they went to hit the button (or just before) did they realize something was not correct.

After all it wasn't the internal document that had the CSR's telling everyone the launch date was the 19th. The CSR's were told to say the 19th :)

My sources are much higer up then the CSR's :D

October 19th was indeed the release date, it wasn't until they went to hit the button (or just before) did they realize something was not correct.

After all it wasn't the internal document that had the CSR's telling everyone the launch date was the 19th. The CSR's were told to say the 19th :)

Great! I just hope they get it right this time... thx for the info, Scott :up

October 19? Did you mean Sept 19?

If they're going all to MPEG4, does this mean we can expect to have all our Sunday NFL games in HD now? (assuming they're originally broadcast in that of course.) I ask because I had to watch part of the Ravens game which wasn't in HD and damn it looked HORRIBLE..

I would doubt that they would switch to MPEG4 for the ST in the middle of the season .... not everyone that has ST , has an mpeg4 rec. at this point.
I could see them advising for NEXT year that , that would be a requirement.

Jimbo

I'm curious if NBA-LP will have all available games in HD via MPEG4 this year vs. the one or two games via MPEG2 like they did last year. I e-mailed D* and tried to get an answer out of them but nada. I would hope with most of the RSN's going CONUS HD in the next few weeks they'd be able to do it but it would be nice if they would officially announce it.

Fox has been know to do a game in SD also, today's Ravens game was in SD.

I guess they have done a few, I did not realize that the Ravens were on FOX, watching on the ST I really don't pay attention to what network it is on.

Glad to see the Local HD games are on again this year :)

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)