What we are hearing...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
There is nothing bad about doing this, the SD RSN's have always been CONUS. What has happened the past couple of years was if you had a package like NBA-LP and a game was produced in HD you couldn't see it unless D* put it on ch 94/95 or you were in the HD beam for that home team RSN. Now with the RSN's going CONUS you'll be able to see that game in HD anywhere if you subscribe to the correct sports subscription.

Example, you have NBA-LP and live in Las Vegas and want to watch a Chicago Bulls game played in Chicago. Comcast Sports Net Chicago produces the game in HD and was on the CSN Chicago HD spotbeam, you wouldn't be able to see it in Las Vegas. With the RSN move to CONUS you'd now be able to see the came since CSN Chicago would now be on the CONUS .

plus, i'm not sure but i would think you might see other hd broadcasts....like college football and/or basketball being broadcast on an rsn.

Supposed to? Who said?

And of course, we DO KNOW that they had issue(s) with D10 that pushed ALL of their launch plans back 2 weeks. Not a big deal to me - is it a big deal for you?
I was told 30 by a CSR on the night of the 18th,but I don't really care bcause we all saw what happend to the 19th launch date. so maybe we were maybe we weren't. We may never know now. But If they keep launching some every week I'll be fine with that.

Can you read? I asked a question. Yet you have presented no answer. Just more questions.:rolleyes:
Yes I read very well -
You asked a question naming a SPECIFIC number of channels (30) - I asked where you heard that. I'm guessing you simply took a number and made it up based on your reply to me. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

There is nothing bad about doing this, the SD RSN's have always been CONUS. What has happened the past couple of years was if you had a package like NBA-LP and a game was produced in HD you couldn't see it unless D* put it on ch 94/95 or you were in the HD beam for that home team RSN. Now with the RSN's going CONUS you'll be able to see that game in HD anywhere if you subscribe to the correct sports subscription.

Example, you have NBA-LP and live in Las Vegas and want to watch a Chicago Bulls game played in Chicago. Comcast Sports Net Chicago produces the game in HD and was on the CSN Chicago HD spotbeam, you wouldn't be able to see it in Las Vegas. With the RSN move to CONUS you'd now be able to see the came since CSN Chicago would now be on the CONUS .
God I SOOO hope that this works out and every RSN that has an HD feed. I plan on getting League Pass again, and it would be oh-so-sweet to get those HD games...

God I SOOO hope that this works out and every RSN that has an HD feed. I plan on getting League Pass again, and it would be oh-so-sweet to get those HD games...

Iceturkee asked Bob Mercer at D* if they was the plan and he said yes, so the question is when will they get the RSN's up on CONUS?

I think I know the answer to this,I was told a few days before the launch that Dtv would launch 30 HD channels.They pushed back Cartoon network,foodnetwork that I know so who knows? I think also frankly they are talking about Cumulative HD channels In other words the 30 were infact 21 + 9 previous mpeg2 HD channels would be 30 They say 70 CUMULATIVE are also arriving so thats about 40 more which is good no comedy central HD channels

Hopefully one of these will be FSNY-HD!!!

Just in time for the start of the Islanders Championship Season :D

Maybe scobuck??
I can keep a secret ;)

If we have to wait for new HD channels until the Islanders start their championship season, it looks like NO NEW HD for at least 3-5 years or longer !

I can't wait that long....

I have not been able to confirm MSG-HD or FSNY-HD - so I wouldn't say for sure. That being said, I believe you will have BOTH by the end of October - remember I am giving you my opinion now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Questions about ordering

Poor reception during CBS NFL games?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)