What we are hearing...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think OzMan may be hhighly incorrect.

If I can say one thing that has me a believer... a SLINGBOX is a great thing. :D
Are you saying that because DISH bought them or what??:(
EchoStar Acquires Sling Media
EchoStar Communications unveiled late Monday night that it had finalized an agreement to acquire popular digital TV technology company Sling Media. The transaction values Sling at about $380 million in which the DISH Network operator plans on paying in cash and EchoStar options, the company said.

i don't think a reset could hurt although, it might not help.
I just did a reset and the B-Band station finally started to work again. I can't wait to see tomorrow how many people start resetting and refreshing all sorts of crap to make sure the thing works.
Don't you think though for such a big upgrade like this that our recievers will probably have to go through an update? When my D* installer was setting up my system he said that he was expecting that would happen, which of course is great that the receiver does it on 480i, and my HDMI doesn't support that resolution.. so I guess if I get a blank screen I should hope for the best (or get off my lazy butt and put on a composite cable.)

I just did a reset and the B-Band station finally started to work again. I can't wait to see tomorrow how many people start resetting and refreshing all sorts of crap to make sure the thing works.
Don't you think though for such a big upgrade like this that our recievers will probably have to go through an update? When my D* installer was setting up my system he said that he was expecting that would happen, which of course is great that the receiver does it on 480i, and my HDMI doesn't support that resolution.. so I guess if I get a blank screen I should hope for the best (or get off my lazy butt and put on a composite cable.)

After setting up the receiver mine stays locked in at the specified resolutions previously set even after a reset. Wonder why you have to keep plugging your components back in after a reset??
On that same note, the installer that was here spent 60-90 minutes when he was doing the install trying to figure out why he couldn't get a picture during initial set-up. Because I had crap to do and didn't want to spend my Saturday waiting around, I jumped in to see what I could do. Because of the problem you stated above and that I've also encountered when setting up my home theater, all I did was grab the old set of Monster components, went component versus HDMI, set the box up and then switched back to HDMI, poof problem solved. With the new 1080p's dropping in price, and most HD televisions in general, the installers will be seeing alot more issues as described above. Memo please !!!! continuing education !!!! it's a great thing!!!:up:up:up

Mushroom

No one of any official capacity has told me there will be any new HD channels. No one has told me to reset my receiver.

I told them I would do it myself. (installation)

I just hope when my wife gets home tonight and checks our hr20 that we are getting 498 and the test channels. Last night I was only getting 480 and 481

No one of any official capacity has told me there will be any new HD channels. No one has told me to reset my receiver.

Do you expect D* to call YOU and say, would you kindly reset your rec.
If they wanted the rec's to be reset they would but something in the datastream that would reset them in the early am, like they do for the National Release for updates.

The Force

DirecTV is now using Jedi mind control techniques to make you forget what their CSR's told you? Wow!

:what

20 Hrs is better than no hours right?

Great news for the supposed Go Live for tomorrow. I'll be sitting here in my office waiting for the post that it's really on. I'll suddenly become violently ill for a couple days while I soak up the HD goodness! :cool:

Errr, I thought DVR's were for time-shifting. You know...so you don't have to schedule your life around TV programming!!!!:rolleyes:

Do you expect D* to call YOU and say, would you kindly reset your rec.
If they wanted the rec's to be reset they would but something in the datastream that would reset them in the early am, like they do for the National Release for updates.
YES, or they can do it themselves if they think it is necessary!
Really, that was my point, If it is necessary they will do it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts