When Are They Going To Improve Whole Home

Wish those "little birdies" would just learn to fix the #$%^ bugs already THEN worry about adding more fluff. Sometimes I feel like the person sitting under a tree with those little birdies then wondering why I feel rain drops on my head...until I realize it's NOT that type of rain. ;-)

The little birdies also say the next release has a bunch of the bugs fixed. Why don't you not be so flippin negative?

Sorry. Should have put in "<sarcasm>" in the post. And to be honest, bugs that are not fixed after 18+ months (or longer) kinda gives us the position to be flippin' negative. If my Dish bill was $0.00 each month then I'd sit back and not complain. And as I posted many times, I love Dish and think tough love from long-time paying customers is needed to get them on track with priorities and focus on what their customers want/need and NOT always think they know what we want/need.

Why should customers have to muddle around with problem workarounds or resets while we all know there have been sooo many times where we sat patiently waiting for these "next releases" that we're told will fix things then many times they don't or break other things.

{EDIT} Forgot to add: <SARCASM> :biggrin

Great idea with the Super Joey but let me know how that works out when your Hopper goes down. I got 2 Hoppers so in case one goes down I would still have TV.
I can get to the other DVR and so can my wife. All it is is software. Add the option for viewing both DVR with one click and one screen or change the option for you to click all over the screen and drop down menus to separate them.
The other problem with the current method is if you start and stop a show from the remote DVR, you are then sent back to the DVR of the other DVR and start clicking all over again to get to the remote DVR you were working with. Just poor software design. But people will settle for it.

Well by back up plan is I have a 211k receiver that I own & that I still have hooked up and I use it to power my ota antenna. All I have to do is call DISH and re-authorize it since it was on my account before , while I wait for a replacement hopper receiver to arrive. I won't have dvr functions, but I will still have my sat service ,along with my back up cable channels, that I split off my cable modem just for rain outs and emergencies. So I'm good. It only takes two days for a replacement dvr to get here or over night if I pay the difference.

I can't imagine being without a DVR. I literally would stop watching if that came to pass. I could watch TBs of stored programs, or if they went away, I probably still have close to a hundred BDs and DVDs I haven't watched yet.

And after that, there's OTT and Amazon and LIBRARIES!

Sorry. Should have put in "<sarcasm>" in the post. And to be honest, bugs that are not fixed after 18+ months (or longer) kinda gives us the position to be flippin' negative. If my Dish bill was $0.00 each month then I'd sit back and not complain. And as I posted many times, I love Dish and think tough love from long-time paying customers is needed to get them on track with priorities and focus on what their customers want/need and NOT always think they know what we want/need.

Why should customers have to muddle around with problem workarounds or resets while we all know there have been sooo many times where we sat patiently waiting for these "next releases" that we're told will fix things then many times they don't or break other things.

{EDIT} Forgot to add: <SARCASM> :biggrin

And, for the 100th time, most of the unfixed bugs were not in the original few releases of the Hopper F/w but were put in by the addition of new features in further releases. I hope LER is right and they get it right this time.

Reactions: DWS44 and Tron2012
What bugs have been there from 18+ months? I can't think of any. Most of the old bugs that people complain about are not bugs, just something is different from their own preferences.

But I do know this... that they realized the software was not up to par and have been working HARD on fixing them. In fact the list of bugs they worked on was collected from here on SatelliteGuys. (Thank you)

Now I do know there is a BIG update coming (hopefully within the month) and it fixes a majority of the issues reported here. (No I do not have a list yet...) and it is supposed to have the shared timers feature it in. I understand it is going through a lot of testing to make sure it is ready instead of rushing it out. I think most will be happy... and I also understand there are some folks you can't make happy no matter what. :D

What bugs have been there from 18+ months? I can't think of any. Most of the old bugs that people complain about are not bugs, just something is different from their own preferences.

But I do know this... that they realized the software was not up to par and have been working HARD on fixing them. In fact the list of bugs they worked on was collected from here on SatelliteGuys. (Thank you)

Now I do know there is a BIG update coming (hopefully within the month) and it fixes a majority of the issues reported here. (No I do not have a list yet...) and it is supposed to have the shared timers feature it in. I understand it is going through a lot of testing to make sure it is ready instead of rushing it out. I think most will be happy... and I also understand there are some folks you can't make happy no matter what. :D

I know many people who will never be happy. Once one problem is solved they hurry to find a new thing to complain about.

I'm looking forward to it then.

shared timers don't apply in my case, but I sure would have liked them when I had 2 hoppers.

I would like to get search fixed a bit. Used to be if you hit the search button in a show or the guide, it pulled up a search for that program and you could edit the line. Now if you move the cursor over the text in search, it blanks it first. Don't like that.

Sent from my 23-n010 using Tapatalk

CALL gripe()

Scott I didn't see a sarcasm emoticon in your post so I need an explanation of the difference between a bug and an issue. My definition of a bug is if even 1 Hopper behaves differently under similar operating conditions and inputs. I think that Dish has more responsibility and control in correcting this stuff because it's their own hardware, software and data they're working with.

My Hopper fails to record some shows rescheduled because of conflicts. This "issue" didn't exist until the last 2 or so updates. It has been reported by several posters here. As far as maybe not ever being happy, well, to the fanboys who constantly fill these threads with that reply, my Dish bill is $173 a month so I think I've got a right to some better expectations.

RETURN

I'd like to be able to view the recordings off a EHD on Hopper #1 from Hopper #2 or be able to switch between the two Hoppers with a single button press when I use Dish Anywhere.

Reactions: ohioankev
CALL gripe()

Scott I didn't see a sarcasm emoticon in your post so I need an explanation of the difference between a bug and an issue. My definition of a bug is if even 1 Hopper behaves differently under similar operating conditions and inputs. I think that Dish has more responsibility and control in correcting this stuff because it's their own hardware, software and data they're working with.

My Hopper fails to record some shows rescheduled because of conflicts. This "issue" didn't exist until the last 2 or so updates. It has been reported by several posters here. As far as maybe not ever being happy, well, to the fanboys who constantly fill these threads with that reply, my Dish bill is $173 a month so I think I've got a right to some better expectations.

RETURN

I think we all know what the difference is between a bug and operations that we just don't like. For example: the jumping forward to live TV when you are only behind a few seconds is a bug. Having DVR shows as icons instead of a list is a feature some do not like, not a bug.

The example I gave is pretty obvious but I was just trying to make a point.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I'd like to be able to view the recordings off a EHD on Hopper #1 from Hopper #2 or be able to switch between the two Hoppers with a single button press when I use Dish Anywhere.

You can do this now. I watch the EHD that's connected to my Hopper 1 from Hopper 2 a lot.

Hey that is a good gripe. Didn't say they were not valid. :)

But other things being posted by others like they don't like the layout of a new menu is not a bug.

I am just saying they are aware of the issues and will be fixing most of the bugs with the next update. :)

Thats all I was trying to say. :D

Reactions: oldengineer
What bugs have been there from 18+ months? I can't think of any. Most of the old bugs that people complain about are not bugs, just something is different from their own preferences....

Hi Scott, one is the issue with the "phantom" folder that myself and others have posted about many times. In My Folders the second folder is always blank and the first folder listed is really the name of the second folder in the list. While a Dish customer for over a decade, I switched to the Hopper system April of 2013. After a short while I noticed the phantom folder problem and others posted that it was around before I experienced it. Both in our Hopper and Hopper w/Sling.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/saving-to-wrong-folder.309613/#post-3152744

What kind of frosts me is that when you set up the initial timer My Folders displays perfectly!! (see image) It's when you try to edit or move a recording that the list is messed up. So, the code works in one spot but not the other. Grrr...

I also think this bug in the OS is the reason none of the timers I have set from PTAT ever go to the My Folder folder I specify. They all end up in the No Folder folder and I have to constantly keep moving the saved recording to my folder so one one else in the family deletes it.

People posted right on the Dish support site, April of 2013: https://support.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5302

Attachments

• Folder Problem 1.jpg
    Folder Problem 1.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 132
Reactions: Riah
When is Dish going to improve their terrible whole home system? What a cumbersomeness poorly designed way to have to view 2 Hoppers. They need to look at a DirecTV setup and see how it should be done.
You should probably reserve judgement on how DIRECTV does things until they allow subscribers to have more than one Genie.

Presenting dozens of anything isn't as easy as it sounds.