When Will DTV Start Adding UVerseTV Channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CSM

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2015
Chesterfield, MO
Anyone know when DTV will get any of the UVerseTV channels that DTV doesn't get? The two I was hoping for would be METV and Justice Central. I know METV is a HDTV sub-channel however its listed in their channel lineup but I think its only in certain areas. I know the channel lineups wont fully merge for quiet awhile but I thought maybe we will get the UVerseTV channels but their channels numbers wont match UVerseTV's. They will probably just have DTV channel numbers. I guess it wont be until 2016? Also if they add them I wonder if the package price would go up or not because of that?

MeTv would only be carried in the areas where a local station is carrying it as a subchannel. I don't see Directv carrying subchannels anytime soon. Wish they would, but think they would pick up national cable networks that Uverse has contracts with before OTA subchannels, Although the 1st chance at that, PAC 12 network they didn't reach an agreement to bring the network to Directv.

Justice is a subchannel as well, my AM21 brings it in as 16-3 (market specific) MeTV on the otherhand while it is a sub broadcast in my area it is not in the database, So i need to use an alternate zipcode to get it, guide data matches, but the channel name obviously does not.

If you have satellite tv, you need to add an OTA tuner and antenna. Dish and DirecTV will most likely never carry them.

We live in the Dallas area, and of course, MeTV is a subchannel (at one time it was a regular broadcast channel - 47). U-Verse has carried MeTV on 136 for at least a couple years, if not longer. I do miss getting that channel, now that we're with DirecTV. I also miss NHK World, but I can get it on my Roku.

Actually their are two Justice Channels, Justice Central and Justice Network. Are they both sub-channels?

Justice is a subchannel as well, my AM21 brings it in as 16-3 (market specific) MeTV on the otherhand while it is a sub broadcast in my area it is not in the database, So i need to use an alternate zipcode to get it, guide data matches, but the channel name obviously does not.
Justice central is not the same one that is a sub channel you thinking of Justice TV they are two different channels justice central is owned by entertainment studios

Even with the new satellite's?
As you may or may not know, most of the satellites have 2 components conus(continuous US) and spot beams. The spot beams are what supplies the locals. There are over 100 markets that need to be supplied with local full power stations. The lower power locals aren't required to be added to the D* channel roster. An there is only a requirement that they supply only the primary (-1) channel for that station. Many of these networks are on these lower power stations that are only available ota or possibly on cable. In my market, D* supplies 10 of the over 70+ available channels. Transmitter sharing, if it ever happens, may increase the number that D* is required to share in the future.

As you may or may not know, most of the satellites have 2 components conus(continuous US) and spot beams. The spot beams are what supplies the locals. There are over 100 markets that need to be supplied with local full power stations. The lower power locals aren't required to be added to the D* channel roster. An there is only a requirement that they supply only the primary (-1) channel for that station. Many of these networks are on these lower power stations that are only available ota or possibly on cable. In my market, D* supplies 10 of the over 70+ available channels. Transmitter sharing, if it ever happens, may increase the number that D* is required to share in the future.
I believe they are only required to supply the Big 4.

I believe they are only required to supply the Big 4.
I thought must carry applied to DBS just as cable, if the station didn't want retransmission consent. I know that both Dish and DirecTv both carry some MeTv, H&I, Cozi, etc... That are on .1 channels in markets.

I thought must carry applied to DBS just as cable, if the station didn't want retransmission consent. I know that both Dish and DirecTv both carry some MeTv, H&I, Cozi, etc... That are on .1 channels in markets.
The Only channel like that that I get from D* is the CW ....
All the others like Metv, Retro ect show up on D* guide but that's due to my OTA antenna and D*s ability to put the OTA into their guide.

I say when they get all the contracts finished and wrapped up together when that will be who knows but hopefully soon ;) !! :)

Reactions: DS0816
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RC71 Remote Setup

NBA League pass discount

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)