Where to find the best Dish promos?

jerlev

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Hey!

Been a DirecTV subscriber for a few years now. Not a fan of AT&T at all. I was a Dish subscriber for 5 years or so before switching to DirecTV.

Where do I find the best/latest promos? I tried RetailMeNot, but find crazy offers for free Xbox and the like to only find that they are referrals, meaning I am not the one getting the free Xbox!! They also mention free gift cards, but I cannot seem to confirm that via the referral site?

Second, I'd like to know what hardware I should get? When I first signed up, I did not know a lot about Dish, and I ended up with old hardware under contract and could not upgrade. If I switch, I'd like to start with the latest hardware! Anything new on the horizon I should wait for?

I did try a few search for promos and new offers but did not see anything (outside of HBO offers).

Thanks!!

--jerry

There is the Hopper with sling and depending on rooms and setup, a variation of joeys you can get. Also, right now they have a 2 year price lock. One year free Netflix. No dvr fee for 2 years. I'll message you a certificate number when signing up and you get an additional $50 savings for being referred.

My configuration would include 4 TVs. Main DVR today is in master bedroom with DVR in living room and and office. Final TV in another office has HD receiver.
  • master bedroom
  • office
  • office
  • living room

How much do you watch simultaneously, and how much is recorded? Basically, 1 hopper has 3 tuners, but one of those tuners can be used for the 4 major locals. If you got a 1 hopper/1 Super Joey/2 Joey that would give you 5 tuners, or 5 things independent unless using the primetime feature which is 8 shows. If you got 2 hoppers and 2 joeys, that is 6 tuners, or 6 independent viewings/recordings, and 4 TB of harddrive(you can always add EHD's to the mix to give you more space) and if anything goes down, the second hopper will keep your system alive til replacement. The SJ approach is fully integrated, whereas the 2 hoppers is partially integrated.

By the way, I sent you a private message with more information as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)