Which HD Cinema Movies have you seen?Would you like to post your review of the movie?

Greystoke : The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes - 2 stars : Long title, but the second half of the movie seems even longer. First part, in the jungle being raised by the apes, wasn't too bad - and had some pretty cool landscape footage with waterfalls. After he went back to civilization, it was just pretty stupid.

A Hard Day's Night - 5 stars : While not technically on Cinema HD, it was so good I couldn't ignore it. I found the PQ to be excellent and the sound to be near perfect. The movie itself is a classic, with Ringo in perhaps the funniest unintentionally funny performance ever and some great-sounding songs ( I particularly enjoyed the harmonies on If I Fell and the rhythm guitar on And I Love Her).

The First Time - 3.5 stars : Cheesy as all get out and probably not a movie most folks would like - but I sure enjoyed it! Kind of a celebration of awkward teenage innocence in the 60's. Pretty good PQ for an old movie, but the sound was pretty weak - no surround action, not even on the music. Best part of this movie, by far, is an impossibly gorgeous young Jacqueline Bisset.

Salaam Bombay 4.0 What a sad story. It gave me the chills watching and knowing that this situtation still exist today. The HD transfer I thought was excellent. Don't miss it. This movie really puts life in perspective. How easy is for a lot of us to have it all and how difficult is for innocent children to have to deal with life (as miserable as it is portrayed in the movie). Wow!

Reflections in a Golden Eye - 2 stars : Might be worth watching just for the stars - although frankly, Brando didn't impress me much here. E.T. seemed to be on her game though. The story itself was somewhat less than gripping. PQ good, sound not so good.

Guns of the Magnificent Seven - 2 stars : Just good enough to keep me watching, but that's about the best I can say about it. Frustrating PQ - mostly pretty sharp, but loaded with dust blemishes and scratches (probably part of the original film?). Sound was nothing special, but alright for an older flick.

The Evil Dead - 4 stars: I'm not really fan of the horror genre, but this is a really well-made movie. Thoroughly enjoyed it! Artistically shot with obvious attention to detail, although the PQ wasn't the sharpest ever. Wish the sound was a little more surroundy, but it was ok. The story, the acting, and - perhaps most importantly - the style make this one of the best horror films I've seen.

Mad Max - 4 stars : Cool. Really cool. More flicks like this is just what Voom needs. PQ was really good -- and so was the sound (although I had to jack up the speaker levels a bit to get any decent surround action). Throw in a better soundtrack and some hotter, naked-er chicks, and we're lookin' at a five -star.

The Bonfire of the Vanities - 2.5 stars : I didn't find this movie to be as horrible as the critics seemed to think - but I wouldn't go so far as to call it good either. Quite a cast - though none of them are doing their best work. PQ and sound are both decent. Overall, the movie just doesn't seem to capture the tone of the book -- which is a much better way to spend your time if this story interests you.

Heaven and Earth: 4.0 Suffering, crying, hell, heaven, it is all in this movie. It makes you sad, angry, joyful, cry and a good evening of entertainment. Based on a true story, the story of a young woman caught between two worlds and two cultures. A woman who suffers and at times you think what else can go wrong but situation gets worse and worse. What a fantastic movie! PQ was very good.

Mr. Mom: 3.0 Funny, it is the only way I can describe it. Makes me appreciate what my wife does for me and I can of ignore it because I find it to be done by her. Another one that was very good and you should not miss.

Octavia: 2.5 did not find this particular appealing but I caught it and I could not change the channel until the end to be disappointed. Excellent PQ but poor plot.

Mad Max 4.5 Yes I love the Mad Max movies. The problem here is not the PQ; it is not the movie; it is the fact that it as not shown OAR. My biggest problem with it. Love the movie and futuristic Mad Max; bring on the other ones.

Sean Mota said:
Heaven and Earth: 4.0 Suffering, crying, hell, heaven, it is all in this movie. It makes you sad, angry, joyful, cry and a good evening of entertainment. Based on a true story, the story of a young woman caught between in two worlds and two cultures. A woman who suffers and at times you think what else can go wrong but situation gets worse and worse. What a fantastic movie! PQ was very good.

Mr. Mom: 3.0 Funny, it is the only way I can describe it. Makes me appreciate what my wife does for me and I can of ignore it because I find it to be done by her. Another one that was very good and you should not miss.

Octavia: 2.5 did not find this particular appealing but I caught it and I could not change the channel until the end to be dissapointed. Excellent PQ but poor plot.

Mad Max 4.5 Yes I love the Mad Max movies. The problem here is not the PQ; it is not the movie; it is the fact that itw as not shown OAR. My biggest problem with it. Love the movie and futuristic Mad Max; bring on the other ones.

Heaven and Earth - 4 stars : How have I never heard of this movie? So good! Beautifully, creatively, artistically shot with all the style you expect from Oliver Stone - the lighting, angles, flashbacks, dreams, colors, black and whites, moments of pure brilliance. No less attention is given to the detailed surround sound. This movie sounds great. Oh, yeah - it's a pretty gripping story, too. Don't miss this one.

Mr. Mom - 2.5 stars : A cute movie with some funny bits - and what's not to like about Teri Garr? - but I think this movie shows it's age a bit. It just doesn't seem that unusual to me for a man to be that involved with raising the children and keeping the house. Plus, it has Martin Mull. That's not a good sign for any movie.

The Harder They Fall - 2 stars : I guess the movie, and its message, aren't too bad - and PQ was good for an older flick - but I just couldn't get past how awful the boxing scenes were. And Bogart sure is one cool cat.

Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter 2.5 I saw this movie like 10-20 times between theater and TV. So this time watching it in HD, I was not impressed. The transfer suffer from a lot of grainy and the 90% of dark scene did not help either.

Recent viewings that rocked: Mad Max with original australian soundtrack, Dream Lover, Evil Dead, Original Solaris, and Heaven and Earth. Better average than I usually get from A month of HB) (sopranos and Deadwood exlcuded)

Ginger Snaps II: Unleashed 4.5 This movies was shown back in Jan/Feb of 2004. It will be shown again this month. It actually premiered on VOOM Monsters HD before it premiered in Canada Theaters (Cool!). The movie and HD transfer were fanstastic. Do not miss it.

Bride of the Re-Animator: 4.0 a Classic. What a good horror movie with blood all over. Re-Animator is playing this month as well and I do not want to miss it;

The Locusts - 3 stars : Deliberate, slow-paced. Some, though not I, may even say boring. Builds up to a rather powerful ending. Some very good performances - particularly Jeremy Davies as Flyboy. And Ashley Judd was just adorable. PQ was good - despite three or four brief pixellation moments. Sound pretty good, too.

NNAB 2008: NBCU Tackles Digital Downconversion

Is Eureka coming back?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)