Why Dish TV??

speter

Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
Dish TV has a number of benefits which make it hugely popular amongst tv lovers such as yourself. These benefits are responsible for causing a considerable amount of frustration for the competing service providers.

There goes a certain belief that the digital television, like that in the Dish TV broadcasts, is a rather new form of technology. But really this tech is no new idea. On the contrary, it has been quite widespread since the early 80s, when satellite TV companies, like Echostar (which is a Dish TV network affiliate) and DirecTV, started offering satellite TV services at reasonable prices. But back then these satellite dishes were huge, and could dominate a very large portion of the yard outside.

Then as time went by Digital TV and Dish TV satellite receivers became smaller and more portable. In the late nineteen nineties, as the DVD was gaining popularity, the smaller size of the Dish satellites became more attractive. Many people are now considering direct satellite tv over cable, because the dishes have become smaller, the picture is better, and the programming options are greater.

I had a part go out on my notebook the other day, so I went to HP's website to 'chat with a support rep'. I swear it was an artificial intelligence program. I even asked it if it was, and of course it denied that it is an artificial intelligence program. But it followed all the patterns:
Hi I have a bad AC adapter.
> So I understand that your AC adapter is giving you trouble?
Yes, it's cutting in and out.
> Is your AC adapter's cord cut?
No, it's turning off and on.
> Did you try plugging in your AC adapter?
Yes of course, that's why it's on sometimes.
> So sometimes you have trouble with it?
It's on sometimes and off sometimes.
> Is your AC adapter plugged in to the notebook computer?
... etc

I finally ended up screaming at it in all caps until it promised to send me the part. Of course HP now can not find the order, even though I sent them the chat transcript with reference number.

This is a symptom of the new blogger wannabe posting technique. Rather than asking questions and watching for answers, they simply post some blather and expect accolades about the wonders of their insights to come rolling in.

This guy could be Sam Peter this boxer, he got his brains scrambled
in a fight in Germany last Saturday night. We all should be welcoming him to Satellite Guys lol
Dan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)