Why do HI subs get so few HD channels?

Wow, that actually happened......soon! :up

Those are the seven "simulcast" channels I was talking about. "Ask and ye shall receive" (no ask, no get).

Now if they can put some good stuff in those seven free spot slots (how about CNN, Comedy Central, and 5 more, maybe premuims), turn on TOON, APL, BRAVO and ABCFM which were uplinked last year, and load up spot 55 (HI) and spot 1 (AK) on Ceil-2 with about 35 more when they get a chance.

I think someone at Dish read your earlier post.

Yup, it's good to be heard (or at least think that they may have heard me).

BTW, I just noticed another seven temp HD channels (temp 20 thru 26) on e*11 tp's 7 & 13. I wonder what HD content will go there for all 50 states to see.

Yup, it's good to be heard (or at least think that they may have heard me).

BTW, I just noticed another seven temp HD channels (temp 20 thru 26) on e*11 tp's 7 & 13. I wonder what HD content will go there for all 50 states to see.

Looking good.

I was contacted by the complaint department at Dish today(trying to get them to allow me to subscribe to one of the CONUS HD packages). Although my complaint wasn't resolved, she did say that we would be getting more HD by 8 May.

Help getting KHNL OTA

Try the you tube coat hanger antenna. I put one in my attic and KHNL and KGMB bury the needle at 100+ on my 722. The other locals are strong as well, plus you get secondary local channels that are only OTA and you can use the OTA tuner on the dvr to help avoid tuner recording conflicts. :cool:

I live on the Big Island (Kohala Coast) and have 722 that gets all the usual Dish HD channels. I can get some HD channels from Honolulu OTA but not KHNL. I've never heard of a "tube coat hanger antenna."

Can you explain to me in a step-by-step- process how to get KHNL and KGMB OTA.

Thanks and aloha from the Big Island,

Dennis

I live on the Big Island (Kohala Coast) and have 722 that gets all the usual Dish HD channels. I can get some HD channels from Honolulu OTA but not KHNL. I've never heard of a "tube coat hanger antenna."

Can you explain to me in a step-by-step- process how to get KHNL and KGMB OTA.

Thanks and aloha from the Big Island,

Dennis

This is the antenna video that I followed: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWQhlmJTMzw]YouTube - Coat Hanger HDTV Antenna![/ame]

I added aluminum bbq shields (used to grill small food items) on the back to form a reflector surface. It works best for uhf signals (KHNL and KGMB are both uhf).

Antennaweb can help you figure out where you are in relation to broadcast (and re-broadcast) towers and give you an idea what you can expect to pull in, what direction to point, etc: AntennaWeb

Good luck.

Looking good.

I was contacted by the complaint department at Dish today(trying to get them to allow me to subscribe to one of the CONUS HD packages). Although my complaint wasn't resolved, she did say that we would be getting more HD by 8 May.

A couple folks have mentioned that someone at dish told them to watch for new content for HI/AK by Friday, May 8 (ten days away). Does anyone know what's planned? 110 or 129 for example?

Also, a few HD locals have been uplinked to the AK spot 1 @ 129 (Anchorage). It's good to see some progress on populating the AK/HI Ceil-2 spots. :hungry:

alaska and hawaii get some love on may 8th 2009.

dish 500AK for alaska to get service from 119/129 and the dish 500H for hawaii to get service from 119/110.

no platinum package for either state though. odd considering WFN might actually be watched by residents of either state.

alaska and hawaii get some love on may 8th 2009.

dish 500AK for alaska to get service from 119/129 and the dish 500H for hawaii to get service from 119/110.

no platinum package for either state though. odd considering WFN might actually be watched by residents of either state.

Please tell me that Hawaii will still get a whole bunch of HD on that smokin' hot Ceil-2 spot beam (only 20" dish required). I believe the filing for Ceil-2 stated 5 transponders worth of spot signal for the HI spot 55 and AK spot 1. 35 HD channel capability. I hope that is still coming down the line.......soon.

:) 30 channels on Ceil-2 HI/AK spots. 5 are already on e*10 spots, 5 are on e*11 conus. This should free up 10 more spaces @ 110.

The new 11 channels on e*10 spot 46 (AK) will likely be mirrorred on spot 47 (HI) :cool:

Now, any idea when all this great new stuff will be turned on?

I have a 1m and a 1.3m dish. Will I need a 3rd dish to receive 129?

They should be able to come up with a one-dish solution, but until then, I think you'll need a third dish for 129.

I have a 20" dish on 119 for program guide download, etc and the SD channels that I rarely watch, a 30" on 129 for the newly uplinked HD spot beam, and a 39" (1m) on 110 for existing Hawaii HD including HD locals. You may only need a 20" dish or so for 129 as it is a very strong spot beam. The readings for my 30" dish on 129 spot transponders are below.

30" dish, 129 west, dpp44, vip722
cloudy, light drizzle 4/30/09 3:00 PM

tp1 0% not locked
tp2 73% 129 w
tp3 0% not locked
tp4 57% 129 w
tp5 0% not locked
tp6 70% 129 w
tp7 0% not locked
tp8 0% not locked
tp9 0% not locked
tp10 0% not locked
tp11 0% not locked
tp12 69% locked, name not acquired
tp13 0% not locked
tp14 72% 129 w
tp15 0% not locked
tp16 72% 129 w

I have been following this thread with interest since I live in Southeast Alaska. Our current install here is 119/110. By reading through this thread, it seems Alaska programming is swinging toward a 119/129 setup. Is this so, or will it be a third dish at 129? So far I haven't seen anyone use a one dish solution up here. I don't have a dealer anywhere near where I live, so I get all my info here at Sat Guys. Thanks to everyone that is so knowledgeable about all this. I sure hope it's not a third dish...with TV and Sat. internet, my yard already looks like an uplink center!

I have been following this thread with interest since I live in Southeast Alaska. Our current install here is 119/110. By reading through this thread, it seems Alaska programming is swinging toward a 119/129 setup. Is this so, or will it be a third dish at 129? So far I haven't seen anyone use a one dish solution up here. I don't have a dealer anywhere near where I live, so I get all my info here at Sat Guys. Thanks to everyone that is so knowledgeable about all this. I sure hope it's not a third dish...with TV and Sat. internet, my yard already looks like an uplink center!

I was just thinking the exact same thing. I currently get my HD locals from 110. The only thing 119 gives me is the SD locals. Can I move the 119 dish to 129 and not have it affect my guide data for my HD locals from 110?