Why no AMC HD? (Now Live Sept 9th)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Jimbo said:
Yes, I remember, however, there are alot more HD PPV's up now than there was back then.

Q. How many of you out there order HD PPV's, I have ordered 1 in the time that they have been available, thats it.

Are they REALLY making a ton of money off them in order to keep ALL of them up ?

I am to up to about three and that is only when we get the 4.99 coupons so then it costs us a dollar

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

Last edited:
mcrutland said:
RSN HD alternate feeds are shared with PPV HD as well.

Are those considered the plus stations as well, for example in the winter time when both the pistons and wings are on the same night they are both in HD

You do get a reminder on how much hd is needed for example during college football season yesterday was the first full day of college football.

Sportspack was as lit up like a HD Christmas tree yesterday, which i must admit was a beautiful thing!! :)

Are those considered the plus stations as well, for example in the winter time when both the pistons and wings are on the same night they are both in HD

You do get a reminder on how much hd is needed for example during college football season yesterday was the first full day of college football.

Sportspack was as lit up like a HD Christmas tree yesterday, which i must admit was a beautiful thing!! :)

I don't think you would consider the FSN D+ to be an ALT channel, it's pretty much it's OWN channel, activated whenever nessasary .... at least you would think. It's on quite alot Nov to May.

Ive ordered zero ppv or ppv events and will never order any ever.

Yep, pretty much the way i've been myself. I ordered like 1 when I was with Dish, but I had a coupon for it. Also, now that I am with Directv and was checking out Directv Cinema I saw movies that were 20-25 years old and they want $3.99 for and I was like you got to be kidding me.:eek:

harshness said:
Actually, those who are monitoring the situation say that there may be less than six slots left. Sports during football season can consume upwards of two dozen channels from the unused and Cinema channels.

I hate to say it but I think this is an accurate statement. I dont know Directv's magic number, but they are being very cautious in making any HD additions.

April and September have big bandwith reuirements for HD sports as leagues overlap.

I hate to say it but I think this is an accurate statement. I dont know Directv's magic number, but they are being very cautious in making any HD additions.

April and September have big bandwith reuirements for HD sports as leagues overlap.

I thought that this Sat going up was going to alleviate the issue of dropping channels when the ST lights up ?

Yes, I remember, however, there are alot more HD PPV's up now than there was back then.

Q. How many of you out there order HD PPV's, I have ordered 1 in the time that they have been available, thats it.

Are they REALLY making a ton of money off them in order to keep ALL of them up ?
i have been with D* for three years and i've bought a ppv movie twice. thats it

Jason Crandall said:

I can see tour point in this, I don't know why I only noticed this for the first time last Saturday but with all the college games that are also shown through sportspack it was lit up like a HD Christmas tree!

harshness said:
Actually, those who are monitoring the situation say that there may be less than six slots left. Sports during football season can consume upwards of two dozen channels from the unused and Cinema channels.

Again I understand that but even if that is true 6 is not 0.

Jimbo said:

Awe, you forget that D* is a business. While they may not make money lots of money off the PPV, the alternative is to PAY money to provide an HD feed. The cost of adding the HD channels at this point won't be offset by subscribers coming to D* or by sups not leaving because of the HD adds.

thats a year later after dishes next scheduled sat launch which is for 7/1/12.
nice D* :\

Meh, by that launch, Dish will have squeezed their transponders with so many niche HD channels that have about 12 viewers each, that the extra bandwidth of the new bird will decompress the PQ back to about what it is today. :rolleyes: And that's not saying much. I'm at my sister's right now and she has Dish. Having watched Directv HD for a year, the lower PQ of Dish is very obvious.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts