Wife's kinda creeped out. Directv came back to "check" on the installation??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
There is no reason for them to show up unannounced, but if they knock first, it's not a big deal. If they simply go on my property and I don't know they are there, big problem!

I wouldn't be happy if someone came to look at my stuff, especially if I was married and, like the OP, my wife was home alone and didn't expect it. I bet the OP can get freebies out of it...

Yep there you go tell the OP to take money out of the installers pocket.
You all seem to forget that when you call in like this Directv charges the installer for it.

Yep there you go tell the OP to take money out of the installers pocket.
You all seem to forget that when you call in like this Directv charges the installer for it.

You seem to forget that trespassing is illegal. All they have to do is call first. Simple!

It would be different if the service came via a right of way or an easement like other utilities. While the sat providers image has improved over the years, there is still a shade tree mind set that still exists with many folks. A knock at the door isn't good enough, many including myself get pre occupied with other things & can easily overlook someone at the door. A phone call with a voice-mail left if no answer should be a standard procedure, including a knock at the door upon arrival. It seems like this would be common sense & good customer service. I suppose normal thinking isn't normal anymore.

How is it the installers fault?

It isn't the installers fault, but it certainly is not the unaware homeowners fault either. This policy and any consequences are the fault of those that made them.

I feel sorry for any installers that get a charge back because of unintended consequences from this, but I don't fault a homeowner from doing what they feel is necessary to feel safe from an unauthorized intrusion onto their property either.

Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

I'm talking about an unscheduled visit. Never the less, it doesn't take more than a minute to ring the door bell.

It could all be prevented by the installer mentioning it when they leave and if the inspector calls first. Simple. Courteous. Legal. No one loses money...

Really ...
Mind you, I'm not installing dishes at my daily job ... I'm in your backyards fixing phone lines.

I forgot you were a phone guy, not an installer. Still, if it was my house, I'd want to know you were there.

This isn't precisely on subject, but, back when I was a cable guy, I had an incident where I was installing cable in one home, and to gain access to our pedestal, I had to enter a neighbor's yard using one of my ladders. I proceeded to knock on this neighbor's door, found no one home, and then entered the yard so I could proceed with my install. I then went on the my customers residence side of the install, doing the things on the side of his house that had to be done complete the install. When I had to go back to the pedestal, I found my ladder tipped over in a way that I could not gain access to it. The neighbor that was not home did it in retaliation for my being in "his" yard without permission. I had, in actuality attempted to gain his permission, and in all truth, this section of the back yard was actually an easement which I really didn't need permission to access anyway. But, in the end, he gave my ladder back, and I was able to complete my install. It just goes to say, that customers who find themselves "surprised" can be unpredictable.

What about if the installer finishes his job, then after you sign the paperwork he advise you that someone would be coming by inspecting his work, unless his superiors don't mention it to him when they'll be stopping by for inspection.

I don't see how complaining to DirecTV about a QC visit will have any negative ramifications whatsoever on the installing technician.

If it were Dish Network... They'd set up a TC if a customer coughs while on the phone.

I don't see how complaining to DirecTV about a QC visit will have any negative ramifications whatsoever on the installing technician.

If it were Dish Network... They'd set up a TC if a customer coughs while on the phone.

If the customer calls in for any reason, it is a chargeback from Directv. Even if you call in to compliment the tech for the job he did. Yes I have been hit with that cahrge for a customer calling in to say what a good job I did. So if the customer calls in complaing because some QC tech shows up, then tech on the work order gets a chargeback.

If the customer calls in for any reason, it is a chargeback from Directv. Even if you call in to compliment the tech for the job he did. Yes I have been hit with that cahrge for a customer calling in to say what a good job I did. So if the customer calls in complaing because some QC tech shows up, then tech on the work order gets a chargeback.

We've got the same issue, if I go out and do a GREAT job and the sub calls in to let them know about it, it is charged against us.

Clearly then the system needs to be fixed. Perhaps getting the supervisors to call before a QC check could be a part of that fix.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)