Will current subscribers be able to upgrade to the Dish 922DVR? Complete with the new

jlaavenger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 12, 2005
Will current subscribers be able to upgrade to the Dish 922DVR? Complete with the new GUI and remote?

No! Never! Better switch to D* now while you still have time!

Sorry, just not in a good mood tonight. But that's a dumb question. Why would Dish limit the 922 to just new customers? I think that's what you are implying.

Sorry, just not in a good mood tonight. But that's a dumb question. Why would Dish limit the 922 to just new customers? I think that's what you are implying.

Well they limited a bunch of things to new customers already, so why not this receiver?

Well they limited a bunch of things to new customers already, so why not this receiver?

Good Point. If have a pulse, they should make the 922 available to everyone at a fair cost. Doesn't make sense to charge reliable customers full price, besides, Dish doesn't have a hardware problem. They have a customer service problem.

It will likely be handled the way they 622 was introduced with specified upgrade offers and required commitments.

Why would they limit Turbo HD? For a time anyway

To the OP, as has been posted, it SHOULD be $199, and I have not heard of them not offereing it to everyone

Limiting who gets what may well be driven by the availability of the receiver. Probably take a while to ramp up production. They likely want limited numbers at first, to find any problems in the field before huge numbers are out.

Limiting who gets what may well be driven by the availability of the receiver. Probably take a while to ramp up production. They likely want limited numbers at first, to find any problems in the field before huge numbers are out.

NOW NOW new boxes with technical or software troubles? That NEVER happens:(

Why would they limit Turbo HD? For a time anyway

To the OP, as has been posted, it SHOULD be $199, and I have not heard of them not offereing it to everyone

Perfect example. Turbo HD. My 722 was set to record Grey's Anatomy in HD but for some reason started recording in SD. Not for lack or disc space either. Turbo HD eliminates SD right?

Perfect example. Turbo HD. My 722 was set to record Grey's Anatomy in HD but for some reason started recording in SD. Not for lack or disc space either. Turbo HD eliminates SD right?

If TurboHD is anything like the Absolute HD package, you get SD version of HD channels as well.

That's a little harsh.

When the 722 was first released, it was only suppose to go to new customers.

Concerning your mood, are you an Eagles fan by chance??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts