Will there be any channel showing the "yule log" loop on E*?

So how many TPs will Dish pick up from Sky Angel at 61.5? I only count two. 25 & 32. It also looks like they might clear 14 of some international programming.

So three free TPs with 6 HD channels each would be 18 more HD channels.

Oh, and to actually post on Topic, Dish should just download a Yule log to their VOD TV screen. You know, not the IPTV stuff, but that other VOD where it records in the middle of the night to that partion on your Hard Drive. Just have it record a 15min program and put in some "loop" code. HD would be nice.

Maybe tweak the 722/622 fan to blow hot air in the room.

"YULE LOGS!" is available on Dish*

Hi, I have a dumb question.

Does E* carry a channel showing the "yule log" loop this holiday season? I remember 3 years ago on D* they had a channel (can't think of the name) that showed a 2 or 3 hr. loop of just yule logs and music. The last 2 years on D* I haven't seen it come back.

I now have E* and was wondering if they carry a channel showing this. Also, I have DishHD and would LOVE to see an HD version of this!

I did some Google searches, and THIS came up. (scroll 50% down the page) (or click here for the direct listing)

------------------
MOJO's Yule Log
hdIcon.gif
MOJO HD
Airs: Dec. 25, 7am ET
Starring:

Enjoy 24 hours of a high-definition blazing yuletide fire accompanied by a series of holiday songs playing in high-quality 5.1 sound. originally published — December 2007
------------------

The last I knew, I didn't remember having MOJO HD. Am I missing something here? It looks like E* is advertising for a show on a channel that they don't even offer!!

Anyone have an information on this?

Thanks!

Scott

*The SuperPak consisting of WSB'38-WWOR'9-WPIX'11-KWGN'2 and KTLA'5, the Tribune's owned statiions has two stations (ie WPIX'11 of NYC and KTLA"5 of LA) providing the "YULE LOGS" on Christmas mornings! ITS ALL ANALOG!

Oh, and to actually post on Topic, Dish should just download a Yule log to their VOD TV screen. You know, not the IPTV stuff, but that other VOD where it records in the middle of the night to that partion on your Hard Drive. Just have it record a 15min program and put in some "loop" code. HD would be nice.

Maybe tweak the 722/622 fan to blow hot air in the room.

GREAT IDEA!!!
But you are assuming that DISH Network folks can think ahead of the curve and actually have great ideas! (and then actually implement them):eek:

or maybe I could've just said, "Coming Soon"!:p

*The SuperPak consisting of WSB'38-WWOR'9-WPIX'11-KWGN'2 and KTLA'5, the Tribune's owned statiions has two stations (ie WPIX'11 of NYC and KTLA"5 of LA) providing the "YULE LOGS" on Christmas mornings! ITS ALL ANALOG!

Youa re right I DEMAND A DIGITAL HI DEF LOG!

Yule Log

BEV has the yule log FTA on 91 and 82. One with Christmas carols (91) and one with the sound of the fire (82). Not sure what frequency.

I also happen to know that E* are actually talking right now with channels about carrying their HD simulcasts. Evidently, it is not quite as simple as "We want to carry your HD channel." "Cool, call our engineering department to arrange an uplink."

I am guessing that some channels are taking advantage of the necessity to arrange for the feed, to require E* to do the next contract negotiation now (i.e. E* can continue at the old price, but only if they don't get the new, i.e. HD. feeds), and if E* wants the new HD feeds, then they need to renegotiate to 2008 prices.

That's only a guess, but it could explain what is going on.

D* is notorious for just agreeing to whatever price, and then passing it on to the consumer (or in some cases, to the stockholders).

Well I have not doen the exact apples to apples price comparison, but last time I glanced the price differecne between Disha nd DirecTV for similar packages was not huge, clearly withon the margin of erro for given packages and their content. But it has been a while since I looked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)