Win 7 Mobile News thread

This is kind of cool I notice that if you don't have a Windows 7 phone yet but have a Zune which I do they have Apps now listed for Windows 7 phone in the Zunes software now. I guess this is the way you can dl the App to your PC as well to upload to your device..

Last edited:
Looks like WP7 is making some good grounds on catching up after sitting on their hands for 2-3 yrs. The big question is....is it too late with iPhone and Android already dominating the market with the bad taste of windows mobile in peoples mouths still? I know I won't be going back after seeing the reviews, features, and such. Even though I'm anti-apple juice I'd pick an iphone over a WP7 phone anyday.
They are too far behind to make and significant headway against iPhone, android, and others in my opinion. But who knows...

Not for sure would have to look at the app but my guess is that it would..

They are too far behind to make and significant headway against iPhone, android, and others in my opinion. But who knows...
If they can't win market share, they will buy it...:)

The smartphone market looks like having "strategic interest" for MS (just like Xbox in gaming)
and they won't back out any time soon regardless of expenses...

One day it might even makes them money...

Judging by the reviews, I don't think they are behind any other player in anything but mind share...

Diogen.

Now Can't wait for the WIN7 Development for the EVO to test Windows 7 on this beast

Now Can't wait for the WIN7 Development for the EVO to test Windows 7 on this beast

Yeah they already have the HD7 which is real similar to the EVO as far as hardware goes they look real similar only difference is it already runs W7 on it.

Yeah they already have the HD7 which is real similar to the EVO as far as hardware goes they look real similar only difference is it already runs W7 on it.

Similar it's the same phone. HTC didn't even change the CPU or GPU I mean WTF?

Similar it's the same phone. HTC didn't even change the CPU or GPU I mean WTF?

Yeah well we will see what they come out with in the next year or 2 it's way to early right now there will be plenty of other W7 phones out in the next year or so..

An interesting WP7 review from a place I normally trust
Windows Phone 7: The Ars Review

It has a non-common take on its chances to survive
Whether Redmond will win over iPhone and Android customers with this initial release is hard to say—though I know a number of iPhone users who are seriously considering the platform—but it probably doesn't have to, anyway. Most existing mobile phone users don't have a smartphone. If Microsoft can win them over, it doesn't much matter about other smartphone users. Yes, Microsoft is late to the game, but it's a game that's still in its early stages.
This is the summary in one paragraph
The fact that most of the problems I have with the phone are things it doesn't do at all (but which can be added in software updates), rather than things it does do but does poorly, is I think an indication that Microsoft has ultimately succeeded in its goals for the first Windows Phone 7 release. The platform will not do well in checklist feature comparisons, but when it comes down to human interaction and using the thing, this software is a winner.

And the fact it is written by a guy from UK (as opposed to Mossberg) gives it more credence in my books...

Diogen.

Another place I read and quote often
The Windows Phone 7 Review - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News
I’ve always liked Microsoft as an underdog. It isn’t afraid to spend money to deliver a good user experience and the company has the talent to do some amazing things. It’s only when Microsoft becomes a monopoly that things go wrong. But in the fight to reach that point, we get great products and healthy competition.

With Windows Phone Microsoft is in underdog mode. The OS isn’t perfect but aside from the lack of apps, it’s competitive today. While I’m traveling I need the apps you can only get with a mature platform like Android or iOS (e.g. Yelp, BART app, etc...), but while home I don’t use those apps as much. Instead my smartphone behaves more like an SMS, phone, email, camera and web browsing device, and it’s in those areas that Windows Phone is easily just as good as the competition.
MS broke its tradition and got something right in v.1...:)

Diogen.

5 things we want to see from the iPhone 5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)