Win a 2 LNB Add On Bracket Bundle for Ku Dish w/Amiko LNB and Pansat 4x1 DiSEqC Switch!

Contest! Win a 2 LNB Add On Bracket Bundle for Ku Dish w/Amiko LNB and Pansat 4x1 DiSEqC Switch!

I have been thinking a lot about those folks who only have a fixed 90cm or 1.2M Ku Band FTA dish who are pointed at only one satellite. Ku Band doesnt get much love, but there are worthwhile channels for sure. Problem is they are spread around, and H-H Motors are hard to find. With the right equipment that one fixed dish can be receiving 2, 3 or even more satellites for more FTA channels. For instance, many , many folks are pointed at Galaxy 97.0 Ku for the international channels. Add a 2nd LNB to the dish and get another satellite like SES 3 103.0W (or now 101.0W) and get Loop TV, Cozi TV, NHK, NBC Feeds plus other TV channels and over 80 Radio channels! And that is just one example. Another example Eutelast 117W and 123W. Plus there are other combinations depending on what you like to watch.

So anyways, i put together a new "Bundle" at HyperMegaSat.com where you can get the stuff you need for this project including the 2 LNB Add On Bracket, w/Amiko LNB and Pansat 4x1 DiSEqC Switch all at a really great price. This will allow you to add a 2nd LNBF to your existing dish, with the capacity to add a 3rd, and a DiSEqC switch to make it all work.

And now, we are going to give one away here at Satellite Guys to a lucky member!

View attachment 163248

Here is how you can try to win this Bundle Kit.

All you have to do is post here in this thread.

You can enter up to 3 times total, or just enter once, up to you. Enter all 3 in a row, or spread them out. Just dont enter more than 3 times or you will be disqualified.

Entry #1 - Just simply post something saying you want in on the contest

Entry #2 - Tell us about your first Ku Band dish, such as when you got it, why you got it, what was your first signal you pointed at etc..

Entry #3 - Tell us about your plans for this Bundle Kit. What dish you may try it on, what sat combinations you will go after, etc..

That is it. We will run this contest for 7 days, ending on 07/08/23.

After that we will pick one entry using a random drawing

The winner will receive the Bundle Kit free of charge anywhere in the USA.

If the winner is in Canada or anywhere else, you will need to cover the ship costs.

And just in case you do not win, you can still get the Bundle Kit at a GREAT price at HyperMegaSat.com here:

Good luck everyone!

:happydance
Contest! Win a 2 LNB Add On Bracket Bundle for Ku Dish w/Amiko LNB and Pansat 4x1 DiSEqC Switch!

I have been thinking a lot about those folks who only have a fixed 90cm or 1.2M Ku Band FTA dish who are pointed at only one satellite. Ku Band doesnt get much love, but there are worthwhile channels for sure. Problem is they are spread around, and H-H Motors are hard to find. With the right equipment that one fixed dish can be receiving 2, 3 or even more satellites for more FTA channels. For instance, many , many folks are pointed at Galaxy 97.0 Ku for the international channels. Add a 2nd LNB to the dish and get another satellite like SES 3 103.0W (or now 101.0W) and get Loop TV, Cozi TV, NHK, NBC Feeds plus other TV channels and over 80 Radio channels! And that is just one example. Another example Eutelast 117W and 123W. Plus there are other combinations depending on what you like to watch.

So anyways, i put together a new "Bundle" at HyperMegaSat.com where you can get the stuff you need for this project including the 2 LNB Add On Bracket, w/Amiko LNB and Pansat 4x1 DiSEqC Switch all at a really great price. This will allow you to add a 2nd LNBF to your existing dish, with the capacity to add a 3rd, and a DiSEqC switch to make it all work.

And now, we are going to give one away here at Satellite Guys to a lucky member!

View attachment 163248

You can enter up to 3 times total, or just enter once, up to you. Enter all 3 in a row, or spread them out. Just dont enter more than 3 times or you will be disqualified.

Entry #2 - Tell us about your first Ku Band dish, such as when you got it, why you got it, what was your first signal you pointed at etc..

Entry #3 - Tell us about your plans for this Bundle Kit. What dish you may try it on, what sat combinations you will go after, etc..

If the winner is in Canada or anywhere else, you will need to cover the ship costs.

And just in case you do not win, you can still get the Bundle Kit at a GREAT price at HyperMegaSat.com here:

Good luck everyone!

My first KU band dish is a DISHpro 500 dish and got this from a friend who was going to throw it away

View attachment 163248

Good luck everyone!

My plan is to use this on my one and only DISHpro 500 satellite dish as I would love to have a bigger variety of fta channels on nearby satellite

I'm just starting with this and would like to enter! I was experimenting with a Directv slimline and had 3 lnb's. I was pointed at 97W and could get 115W on the side LNB. Was working on the third lnb, when I found a hughesnet dish and decided to move over to it. Couldn't get the NBC feeds with the slimline, but they come in great on the hughesnet. Ku is an interesting place to start.

View attachment 163248

Good luck everyone!

Casey count me in. I added a second lnbf to my 1.2 m dish not long ago. I cobbled together a mount. Sure would like to give your mount a try. Thanks for the Contest!

Lee

Thank you all for your contest entries so far!

I know from the original post the contest was supposed to end Saturday 07/08/23, but i got busy with issues i could not ignore, and it went another day, and then another. So very sorry about that.

Contest Has Been Extended until Thursday 7/13/23

At 5PM EST we will end the contest and pick the winner shortly thereafter.

:hatsoff2

Reactions: FTA4PA and c-spand
Hi Casey I would also like in on the contest. Just stumbled upon it. Great to have these once in a while.

The first Ku dish I (tried) was an old 30" Star-choice dish. Could get a few TPs on 97W, think it was bent or something. Not sure what LNBF I used, think the circular that came with it was toast so must have purchased one.
I found a 1m dish that I am still using shortly after, that one worked much better.

I actually started off with C-band and didn't play with Ku for a couple of years.

Have a dead diseqc switch on my secondary movable Ku dish. Looks like the "weather resistant" enclosure came apart and rain made it's way in. LNBF on that dish is very old too so likely a good time to change it out as well.
Using an old SG2100 rotor on that dish, still works like new. I opened it up a year or two after purchasing it and replaced the lube with some low-temp stuff that seems to have worked out great. Works at -30c but it's a bit slower at that temp of course. Dish is a 90cm geosat pro dish and mounted on a 3" schedule 40 mast that sticks up above my house roof-line so I can get clearance to the eastern horizon in view of 30W. I haven't needed to adjust for years, been working fine until a few days ago (when it rained).

So this contest is perfect timing for me! :)

I would like to enter the contest. I put up my first ku band dish in the 4DTV days to get the services on 99W over 20 years ago. Later when those channels went back to C band I bought a Fortec Lifetime Ultra receiver and repointed over to 123W for the RTN channels around 2009. I have experimented for years with recycled fixed dishes and in recent years downsized the farm.

I've setup several homemade multiple LNBF holders over the years out of all sorts of conduit holders, hose clamps, wire ties etc. Maybe time for something more reliable.

Thanks for the contest, Casey!

OK. Contest has now ended - 5PM EST 071323

Give me 5 minutes and we will draw the winner!

:clapping

And the winner is .............

Reply # 16

c-spand!

Congratulations!

Please PM me with your ship to info within 5 days to claim your prize, after that we have to redraw the winner.

Thank you to all who participated, we appreciate it, and it was lots of fun. We hope to have more contests soon here at Satellite Guys!

And for those who did not win, you can still get the Bundle Kit at a GREAT price at HyperMegaSat.com

Attachments

• WinnerBundleKit.jpg
    WinnerBundleKit.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 54
And the winner is .............

Reply # 16

c-spand!

Congratulations!

Please PM me with your ship to info within 5 days to claim your prize, after that we have to redraw the winner.

Thank you to all who participated, we appreciate it, and it was lots of fun. We hope to have more contests soon here at Satellite Guys!

And for those who did not win, you can still get the Bundle Kit at a GREAT price at HyperMegaSat.comT
Thank you Casey. Looking forward to trying this out to save space.

Reactions: FTA4PA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)