Worst performances by a team in a game in NFL history

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Can you guys recall any other instances where one NFL team either totally dominated the other or look so awful?

With Oakland looking historically bad against Atlanta, I was wondering if there have ever been any similarly lopsided games in terms of offensive statistics?

Can you guys recall any other instances where one NFL team either totally dominated the other or look so awful?

With Oakland looking historically bad against Atlanta, I was wondering if there have ever been any similarly lopsided games in terms of offensive statistics?

Dude....let it go. I have....! AND that's MY team. I mean, let me asking something, IF my Raiders had beaten the Bills, would you be harping on this so much?!:confused:

Here's one for ya....

5/12.....74 yds passing 60 pct QB rating

Pretty bad huh? You would think a guy that had such a crappy game MUST have gotten blown out right? Well guess what...that was the box score of Daunte Culpepper when he threw 2 touchdowns and ran for 3...for 5......FIVE total touchdowns. FINAL SCORE....Raiders 35 Dolphins 17.

When i think of bad performances, the Raiders last week, and the Raiders superbowl come to mind, followed by my Chiefs undeserved trip to the playoffs where they were promptly stomped when San Fran beat Denver at home to keep the Broncos out.

Outside of injury or other circumstances in games, those are the 3 that stick out for me.

Here's one for ya....

5/12.....74 yds passing 60 pct QB rating

Pretty bad huh? You would think a guy that had such a crappy game MUST have gotten blown out right? Well guess what...that was the box score of Daunte Culpepper when he threw 2 touchdowns and ran for 3...for 5......FIVE total touchdowns. FINAL SCORE....Raiders 35 Dolphins 17.

I meant to say bad performances in a loss.

Culpepper had 5 TD's and won.

I meant bad losses.

I actually found an even worse offensive display, believe it or not.

In 1992, the Dallas Cowboys beat Seattle 27-0 and the Seahawks had only 62 yards.

THAT may be the worst ever when you also consider Seattle lost two QB's to injury in that game- at least Russell played the entire 60 minutes.

Not to pile on Salsa, but that Oakland game was pretty bad...

Stats from that infamous game vs. Atlanta:
First downs: 3
Total Net Yards: 77
Total Plays: 34
Rushing: 11 attempts, 67 yards
Passing: 6-19, 10 yards
Sacks: 4 for 21 yards
Time of Possession: Atlanta 45:15, Oakland 14:45

This is actually the lowest offensive output since Cleveland was held to 26 yards against Buffalo in 2004.

Look at ANY game of the 1990 New England Patriots! :mad:

When i think of bad performances, the Raiders last week, and the Raiders superbowl come to mind, followed by my Chiefs undeserved trip to the playoffs where they were promptly stomped when San Fran beat Denver at home to keep the Broncos out.
Do you mean the game on New Year's Eve of 2006? No offense, but I remember that as one of my favorite games of all time. I also remember it because my girlfriend at the time stopped speaking to me for a good part of the night because she couldn't understand why I might want to watch the last game of my team for the year. I felt like I was talking to a child trying to explain to her that the last day of the regular season falling on NYE is a very rare occurrence. Thank god my wife understands my football needs.

Probably the greatest moment of my young life growing up in Buffalo.

Actually I was in Tokyo at that time, woke up at 2 am to watch it on TV.

Sadly the Niners/Giants game was shown on a delay, but when I found out that the 49ers lost and how it happened totally made my day.

As you can guess, not a big fan of California teams. :)

Do you mean the game on New Year's Eve of 2006? No offense, but I remember that as one of my favorite games of all time. I also remember it because my girlfriend at the time stopped speaking to me for a good part of the night because she couldn't understand why I might want to watch the last game of my team for the year. I felt like I was talking to a child trying to explain to her that the last day of the regular season falling on NYE is a very rare occurrence. Thank god my wife understands my football needs.

The San Fran winning game was fantastic, it was the Chiefs game in the playoffs as a result of that win that sucked :)

There was a game in 1979 or 1980 where the Rams held the Seahawks to -7 TOTAL yards. I think it's still a record.

Seattle had 1 or 2 first downs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)