Wow

I am not activist but if people would just show this much interest in renewable energy, we would be off oil in weeks. Damn, I think the folks from Apple should take over the government and BP.

One thing I am noticing while waiting here in line is there are a lot of guys in line that look like Jesus.

I guess Jesus loves the iPhone too. :)
I think they have so much hair because they're all sheep. Ba-ZING!

Anyways enjoy the phone, assuming you get it sometime before the mall closes..

yourbeliefs said:
I think they have so much hair because they're all sheep. Ba-ZING!

Anyways enjoy the phone, assuming you get it sometime before the mall closes..

Phone in hand now. An amazing screen!

You guys are insane for waiting in line for a phone. I hate going to store when there isn't a line. "Can you ship it to me?" "AWESOME!!!" ;)

I agree digiblur- Scott is a pretty smart fellow but to blow a vacation day waiting in line with all the unemployed jesus look-a-likes has got to be one of the dumbest activities I've ever heard of.

I wanted to have it shipped to me, but Apple's website refused to take my order and offered an in-store pickup instead. I didn't mind waiting a day or two, but Apple said I am only guaranteed today. After that, who knows how long I would have to wait. So basically I didn't have much choice: wait in line today or risk not getting it this month. I opted to wait in line. It wasn't that bad: plenty of free food and drinks. They even offered sun screen! :)

The pre-order line looked much longer than the regular line, but it moved several times faster.

And I didn't miss a day of work. I was all set by 9 ;)

OK, I get it. Thanks Illya for the explanation. You, in effect become part of the Apple cult by aiding the hype of "long lines" Have to hand it to them, they sure do know their marketing game.
I drove by the Apple store on ipad day and said time to go to Best Buy, First two were sold out ( located near the Apple store) the next one was 6 miles away and I got the next to last one in my size. I didn't expect to get one that day. I wonder how many will actually get iphone who didn't preorder.

You guys are insane for waiting in line for a phone. I hate going to store when there isn't a line. "Can you ship it to me?" "AWESOME!!!" ;)
I'm with you Digi. I would galdly wait in line for an iPhone...assuming the phone were free, I received 3-months of free service, and I was provided with a hot-meal and perhaps a Shiatsu massage while standing in line. After having served 20+ years in the military there is no way in heck I will wait in line to buy something....anything...period. ;)

The funny thing is that I am not an Apple fan at all. This is my first Apple product ever! But it looks like a good upgrade to my old Windows-based phone. So I am willing to give it a try. So far I like it. Though touch-screen typing will require some getting used to.

Yep, the day we first saw the confirmed specs...not mentioning the disappointed features left out again, but oh well... I said to myself, don't drop that phone with the double glass, and next don't touch that metal band while you are the phone or using data. It doesn't take a genius (no pun intended) to figure out that you don't ground yourself to antenna of a device and expect it to work well. And the two reports we've been seeing? Dropping and touching the antenna on the outside.

OK, I get it. Thanks Illya for the explanation. You, in effect become part of the Apple cult by aiding the hype of "long lines" Have to hand it to them, they sure do know their marketing game.
I drove by the Apple store on ipad day and said time to go to Best Buy, First two were sold out ( located near the Apple store) the next one was 6 miles away and I got the next to last one in my size. I didn't expect to get one that day. I wonder how many will actually get iphone who didn't preorder.

Excellent analysis Don. You are dead on with that. No, we want you to wait in the line, so we can be on tv showing people waiting for hours on end for something that could have easily been fedexed to you with no hassle at all.

Don Landis said:
I agree digiblur- Scott is a pretty smart fellow but to blow a vacation day waiting in line with all the unemployed jesus look-a-likes has got to be one of the dumbest activities I've ever heard of.

Didn't take the day off for this. I have a graduation to attend in a little bit.

And the wait was well worth it!

As much as I look at people in these lines the same way I look at things I need gloves to touch (such as dog sh*t) at least they're not waiting in line for the upcoming Twilight movie, or ANY movie for that matter... it really doesn't get any worse than THAT..

riffjim4069 said:
.... and I was provided with a hot-meal and perhaps a Shiatsu massage while standing in line. After having served 20+ years in the military there is no way in heck I will wait in line to buy something....anything...period. ;)

Naw, Shiatsu hurts, rotating against my back. ;)

However, as a Supply Officer I can happily serve you a "selection of meat byproducts" tastefully arranged on a "piece of roofing material." ;) Or perhaps you'd prefer a "fresh baked savory?". ;) ;)

The wait in line won't be long......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts