X-Box, Playstation, and Wii Game News

I'm glad this is coming out in the spring when there aren't as many big releases because I'm sure I will want to put a ton of hours into it. I am a little surprised that EA isn't holding it back for a Fall release just because it will probably be one of their biggest selling games this year. I'm glad they aren't though.
Well don't forget it was supposed to come out in Fall of 2016. It's nearly done, and now it's in a position where it won't get much competition. And now EA knows better than anyone that even the best games can't always shine in a crowded and competitive release schedule.

Well since I have gotten my PS4 Pro I been loading up on some titles so far I just got DOOM,The Last Of Us Remastered,Call of Duty Black Ops 3 Gold Edtion,Destiny,Call Of Duty Infinite Warfare. Let me know if there are any other titles folks would recommend I plan on getting Battlefield 1 as well. :)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/01/06/playstation-stores-top-downloads-of-2016/

Rocket League was the most downloaded game on PSN again in 2016. The success this game is having is crazy. It was probably my most played game of the year with Overwatch being a close second. I am now up to a ridiculous 297 hours of playtime on Steam and that isn't counting the amount of time I spent with the PS4 version.

In other news, Minecraft continues to be huge. It was #3 on the PS4 list, #2 on the Vita list, and #1 on the PS3 list and that game has been available for years.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/01/06/playstation-stores-top-downloads-of-2016/

Rocket League was the most downloaded game on PSN again in 2016. The success this game is having is crazy. It was probably my most played game of the year with Overwatch being a close second. I am now up to a ridiculous 297 hours of playtime on Steam and that isn't counting the amount of time I spent with the PS4 version.

In other news, Minecraft continues to be huge. It was #3 on the PS4 list, #2 on the Vita list, and #1 on the PS3 list and that game has been available for years.
Some of these numbers are almost baffling. For one, Battlefield 4 is #8, one below Overwatch and one above No Man's Sky. More surprising I think is that Battlefield Hardline is #15 because I thought the gaming public was almost all united in their belief that that game was crap. Also, Uncharted 4 is only 18? I guess the VAST majority of the nearly 9 million copies sold were physical releases. I mean it's only up on TLOU by 1, and that game was on sale CONSTANTLY throughout the year.

Looks like Black Ops 3 on PS3 being incredibly gimped didn't stop last gen gamers too much, getting in at #7. ..

Ok I could analyze this list for hours. I really recommend you all look at the lists as they're quite fascinating.

Some of these numbers are almost baffling. For one, Battlefield 4 is #8, one below Overwatch and one above No Man's Sky. More surprising I think is that Battlefield Hardline is #15 because I thought the gaming public was almost all united in their belief that that game was crap. Also, Uncharted 4 is only 18? I guess the VAST majority of the nearly 9 million copies sold were physical releases. I mean it's only up on TLOU by 1, and that game was on sale CONSTANTLY throughout the year.

Looks like Black Ops 3 on PS3 being incredibly gimped didn't stop last gen gamers too much, getting in at #7. ..

Ok I could analyze this list for hours. I really recommend you all look at the lists as they're quite fascinating.

Yeah, the Battlefield games stood out to me too. I was a little surprised to see Battlefield 1 above Infinite Warfare just because it always seemed like COD beat Battlefield in sales every time. If you include Star Wars Battlefront that's four Battlefield games in the top 20. Dice had a very good year. Hell, EA in general had a good year. They published 7 of the top 20 games.

I was really surprised to see Uncharted 4 so low on the list too. With 8.7 million copies sold there can only be a couple games on that list that outsold it this year. It's very strange that the digital purchases are that low for a game that sold so well.

Yeah but this is supposed to be the latest and greatest.. I mean how hard is it to get 60 FPS at this point, especially on the Pro?

Injustice 2 has a release date

Still no mention of a PC version. It looks like it won't be coming to that platform, at least not at the same time as the console versions.

I hope the backlash from the terrible Arkham Knight and and Mortal Kombat X launches hasn't made WB start to shy away away from PC releases for their AAA games. The backlash was justified but both of those games ended up being pretty decent PC ports after patching.

Injustice 2 being console exclusive isn't a huge deal to me but I'd really hate to see that happen to the next Rocksteady or Shadow of Mordor game.

Still no mention of a PC version. It looks like it won't be coming to that platform, at least not at the same time as the console versions.

I hope the backlash from the terrible Arkham Knight and and Mortal Kombat X launches hasn't made WB start to shy away away from PC releases for their AAA games. The backlash was justified but both of those games ended up being pretty decent PC ports after patching.

Injustice 2 being console exclusive isn't a huge deal to me but I'd really hate to see that happen to the next Rocksteady or Shadow of Mordor game.
Hopefully if it taught WB anything its that they shouldn't farm out the PC ports to awful devs. I doubt they're going to abandon the PC gaming market. It's too big of a market to ignore. And the Shadow of Mordor port was really good because the company that made it was a PC company so they knew what they were doing.

Kind of funny when I think back about the whole Arkham Knight controversy and how it affected me. For $37.95 I not only got Arkham Knight but I ended up getting EVERY Arkham game made (although I already owned AA and AC) as well as GTA V and Superhot. For those wondering what I mean, when I tried to take advantage of the WB refund offer, GMG couldn't charge back my card for whatever reason, so instead they gave me store credit. Because of this, Valve never got the notice to remove the game because no actual "refund" was issued, so I got to keep the games as well as get some credits. I suppose now I can forgive WBIE.

Hopefully if it taught WB anything its that they shouldn't farm out the PC ports to awful devs. I doubt they're going to abandon the PC gaming market. It's too big of a market to ignore. And the Shadow of Mordor port was really good because the company that made it was a PC company so they knew what they were doing.

At least in Arkham Knight's case they may not have thought they were getting awful devs. If you look at Iron Galaxy's Wikipedia page they have worked on some pretty major ports and I don't remember any of the others being colossal messes, at least not to the level of Arkham Knight. I don't know if this was ever proven but I remember the theory going around Reddit was that WB only gave them 8 weeks to get the console version ported to PC and the console version wasn't even fully completed for part of those 8 weeks. If that's true the real problem was trying to stick to the arbitrary release date they announced instead of giving the developers enough time to do their job. There should have been a delay until it was finished, at least for the PC version.

Maybe then they've learned and will delay the PC version until it is truly completed. I think publishers are realizing that PC Gamers will gladly wait for their games past regular release date if it means that they'll get the enhanced experience that they've grown accustomed to.

In a move that could be seen as either very generous or very desperate, Ubisoft is offering Watch Dogs 2 for free to players. Console players will be able to play for 3 hours in any capacity. PC players get to suck wind as this offer doesn't apply to them.

This isn't a surprise because EA always lets EA Access and Origin Access members play their games ahead of release but this includes Mass Effect Andromeda. All EA/Origin Access members will have access to 10 hours of the full release for Mass Effect Andromeda starting on March 16th. This is the full game so progress and achievements will carry over once the game releases on March 21st.

I already have this game pre-ordered thanks to a Black Friday deal on Amazon and an additional 20% off for Prime members. Looks like I'll be spending the $5 to give Origin Access a try during the month of March. I've been planning to subscribe for a month to check out Mirror's Edge Catalyst anyways so this ME:A early access period gives me an excuse to finally do that.

Edit: if you click into the actual tweet instead of just the part shown in this thread there are additional tweets confirming the 10 hours of playtime and that Origin Access members qualify too.

The Embargo for Resident Evil 7 has been lifted and reviews are now in. Looks like Capcom may have a winner on their hands. Of course given how awful 6 was they could have just remade Resident Evil 4 on the Amiga and sold that as 7 and it probably would be received better than 6 was.

Coincidentally, as I was watching one of the reviews I got notification from Gamefly that my copy had just shipped out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)