YES Network Being Dropped? (Agreement reached 4/7)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That's where I got my info
Thats 122 games on YES Network.

How many baseball fans will be ok if they miss 122 games?

If YES is Dropped it would be More then that, Because if its on YES, then the NY market can't view it on MLB Network.

So you can Cross out all the MLB Network games.

40 games elsewhere available. As a sports fan myself, I rarely watch more than a dozen games on TV. I go to games :)
I agree, I won't watch 122 games, But problem is when the fan is able and Can't then there will be hell to pay!

This place is already getting Black out posts. IF Yes Gets dropped, This place will be flooded.

D* will be giving out a lot of Free MLB EI passes.

I'm curious to know how Direct expects customers to be able to watch the Yankees via the MLB Extra Innings package? Regardless of where the Yankees are, the feed should be blacked out. The MLB EI package is not a solution to losing YES.

Ok, my mistake. I meant if you live in the NY market. I have Dish and therefore no YES but when the Yanks are on ESPN, its blacked out from time to time. I think its absurd when its a nationally televised game. The same has happened when the Mets have been on TBS. I end having to watch it on SNY. If I live in the NY market and I have MLB EI, I think the same rules should apply.

No deal yet. They have until Midnight tonight to come to a deal, if not then YES Network cuts the feed.

Scott,

Has the decision been made by YES to pull the feed is there is no agreement by midnight? I remember we were thinking (hoping) that YES would continue providing their feed during the negotiations past the deadline. I was wondering if you had received info that YES is pulling the feed at midnight if no agreement is made.

Has the decision been made by YES to pull the feed is there is no agreement by midnight?
That's what the extension that ends today is all about. No deal, no carriage.

I note that DIRECTV's support website indicates that tomorrow is the "new" deadline as opposed to today.

Last info I have is they have not reached an agreement and DirecTV will keep YES up until YES pulls the signal. DirecTV will not pull the signal.

Sent from my iPad using The SatelliteGuys app!

40 games elsewhere available. As a sports fan myself, I rarely watch more than a dozen games on TV. I go to games :)

When you live 368 miles from the Stadium going to games isn't that feasible. Sorry, having access to 40 out of 162 games is simply not acceptable. While I will not watch every single Yankees game I plan to watch way more then 40.

when most of the games are sold out already (Target Field) that isnt feasible

Look at the uproar in the Dish area when Dish played their games with FSN North and folks missed ONE game (they reached an agreement today)....if YES gets pulled all hell will break loose.
Guess I better put on my big boy underwear to help the influx of newbies who might show up :)

It would be in the best interest of DirecTV to get a deal done. They market themselves heavily to sports fans and if they lose YES and the NFL season is cut short or cancelled there will be a definite backlash. ;) I don't think the network will be gone for long if it leaves.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts